Can't remove the main power connector?

TheRedStorm

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
I just finished doing the external test build for my new (and first) build, everything's working (I think).

So now I'm removing all the psu cables so I can install the motherboard into the case.

But, for some reason I can't figure out how to get out the main (20+4 pin) connector out (I got out all the other connectors)

My psu is a rosewill green series 530w
and motherboard is a ga-z68ap-d3

im pulling as hard as I can (while trying not to damage motherboard) but its not coming out

It's a 20+4, I got the +4 connector out but for some reason I can't seem to get out the 20 pin one, no matter how hard I try.

I know it sounds like a ridiculously stupid question. But so far on this build the problems I've run into are the most stupid things that should be really simple...
This is my first build by the way

Thanks.

Solution

There is a tab on one side of the connector that latches onto the motherboard socket to insure that it stays in place.

DO NOT JUST PULL!!

You have to squeeze the tab so that it will unlatch from the bar that is holding it.
It sometimes takes strong fingers, or possibly slipping a screwdriver under to pry the tab apart.

TheRedStorm

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
please, anyone? For the past hour I've been pulling on this stupid thing and it won't come out D:

do I just have to pull harder? I'm afraid if I pull too hard it will damage the motherboard

There is a tab on one side of the connector that latches onto the motherboard socket to insure that it stays in place.

DO NOT JUST PULL!!

You have to squeeze the tab so that it will unlatch from the bar that is holding it.
It sometimes takes strong fingers, or possibly slipping a screwdriver under to pry the tab apart.

Solution

TheRedStorm

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
Got it out already. Thanks though. And when I said I was pulling as hard as I could... that was with that little tab squeezed down. I guess it just took a lot of force.

Thanks anyway though.

Now I'm running into more problems with my build lol but i'll just make a new thread for that so the title of the thread is relevant