ZERO dead pixel guarantee in ECC

JacobAndresen

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2003
In Denmark there’s a law that states: that on any goods bought on the internet, or by mail order there is a 14 days return guarantee, as long as the goods have not been damaged. In practice this means a ZERO dead pixel guarantee on flat panels.
As far as I know this law is part of an ECC directive implemented in Denmark and therefore this should apply for all member countries.

JacobAndresen

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2003
You do that yourself. In my case 55DKkr. = 5£ (Acer AL732)
This “service” also covers foreign customers, but of cause the shipping costs will go up.
This is a Danish retailer with English menus if you or anybody else is interested: www.itbutikken.dk

GoSharks

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Thats interesting, because we offer the same deal only for 30 days. If you dont like the unit for any reason return it for a refund. Like you the customer is responsible for return shipping if they got free shipping when the purchase the unit. If they paid for shipping out we pay for shipping back.

Here is a link to our policy.
http://www.monitorsdirect.com/before/why_buy/guarantee.shtml

<A HREF="http://www.monitorsdirect.com" target="_new">MonitorsDirect.com</A>
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by gosharks on 03/21/03 03:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

SLP

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2003
JacobAndresen - what are your opinions on the Acer AL732?

I have one on order in the UK, but they aren't available here for another few weeks. I can't find any reviews online, so it would be interesting to see what you think of it - especially with regards to the response rate and gaming / watching movies.

Thanks

nips

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003
Hey I’m in the UK and I’ve had my al732 for over a week now I’d say I’m pretty satisfied.....though the viewing angle could be better and I find the edges around the screen are too bright which does annoy me when watching movies. In terms of gaming I would say it’s pretty good with no ghosting....but strangely enough when moving windows in XP there is some ghosting also I can't really find the official spec as the spec on the website differs from the manual!

SLP

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2003
Nips, where did you buy it from, as I haven't been able to find it available anywhere overhere? I've had it on order from www.insight.com/uk for £400, but they keep pushing the delivery date further back.