Roxas2030

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hi, I tried to make my own build but loads of things that I did not know about came into play. I thought it would be simple but stuff like 1.5v for ram and what not interfered. I was wondering if someone can help me out.

I'm currently looking for a 450-500$ gaming rig.
Crossfire: Yes
OC: Yes
Usage (least to greatest): Gaming, surfing web
Not an extreme gamer

Here is what I have:
Diablotek PSU- 500w (crap brand but great review 4.9/5stars)
Monitor
HD 5670s x2
Keyboard
Mouse

What I need:
Mobo
Processor
Ram
CD/DVD
Case
HDD

I was thinking this mobo: ASRock 970 EXTREME4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157262

Solution
NO to Diablotek!!! It is a PSU-shaped object which should never be attached to computer components if there is any possibility it will be connected to an A/C power source at the same time. Consumer fluff <> competent technical reviews; both jonnyguru and HardwareSecrets have reviewed a few Diablotek models and found them to be overrated GARBAGE.
A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch) and some level of 80+ certification for efficiency. On a budget, the Antec Earthwatts and Corsair Builder series of PSUs can usually be found for good prices.
NO to Diablotek!!! It is a PSU-shaped object which should never be attached to computer components if there is any possibility it will be connected to an A/C power source at the same time. Consumer fluff <> competent technical reviews; both jonnyguru and HardwareSecrets have reviewed a few Diablotek models and found them to be overrated GARBAGE.
A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch) and some level of 80+ certification for efficiency. On a budget, the Antec Earthwatts and Corsair Builder series of PSUs can usually be found for good prices.

Solution