Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dont know if psu is faulty or something else...

Last response: in Components
February 22, 2012 1:50:43 AM

Hey guys im doing my first build and im having a problem...i have my motherboard and power supply and i screwed both into my case and plugged in all the wires. my case also came with a fan control box where you plug your fans into and it doesn't connect to the motherboard. I plugged my fans into it and also a molex cable which is what it gets power from. By the way i dont have my cpu yet. Anyway when i turn on my psu the fan control box does not turn on. does this mean my psu is faulty or do i need to plug the 5-pin connector from the molex cable into the motherboard? also my case is the nzxt switch 810, my motherboard is the asrock z68 gen3 fatal1ty, and my psu is a OCZ Zx series 850W modular power supply. thanks

More about : dont psu faulty

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
February 22, 2012 3:25:19 AM

slipmasterflex said:
Hey guys im doing my first build and im having a problem...i have my motherboard and power supply and i screwed both into my case and plugged in all the wires. my case also came with a fan control box where you plug your fans into and it doesn't connect to the motherboard. I plugged my fans into it and also a molex cable which is what it gets power from. By the way i dont have my cpu yet. Anyway when i turn on my psu the fan control box does not turn on. does this mean my psu is faulty or do i need to plug the 5-pin connector from the molex cable into the motherboard? also my case is the nzxt switch 810, my motherboard is the asrock z68 gen3 fatal1ty, and my psu is a OCZ Zx series 850W modular power supply. thanks

So you havent inserted your cpu?
A motherboard without a cpu isnt going to be able to post.
February 22, 2012 9:55:11 AM

Best answer selected by slipmasterflex.
m
l
February 22, 2012 9:56:03 AM

i didn't install it and my friend from the i.t. department confirmed what you said Thanks for the help!
m
l
!