Asus P5LD2-VM-CR: Windows 7 64bits 4GBram only 3.2gb ram usable

Swpp

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Asus P5LD2-VM-CR Windows 7 64bits 4GBram recongnizes only 3.2gbram
I know its a common probleme but ir ead all the forums and I did almost everything and still can't do something about it
-I've updated my BIOS ( with a 2008 version cuz asus doesnt make bios versions for p4ld2-vm-cr anymore and when I;m tring to update it with the latest vios update from asus p5ld2-vm i get this error: ROM file ROMID is not compatible with existing BIOS ROMID")
-my bios doesn't have Memory remap command....
-I've uncheck the "maximum ram blablalba"

I really need to fix this cuz i want to upgrade and pun 4 more gb ram and I don't wanna buy another motherboard....and i dont wanna have 8gb and use only 3.2gb....

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
With 64 bit Win7, you will still only see 3.xGB of memory because the O/S uses the rest for its internal 'housekeeping' including the O/S itself. With 8GB of memory, you will have use of all the 8GB of RAM minus the necessary housekeeping amount mentioned earlier.

cklaubur

Distinguished
Swpp, are you using the integrated video on the motherboard? The integrated video will use some of that 4 GB for its memory. Depending on your motherboard's BIOS settings, you may be able to control how much memory it uses.

Also, depending on which specific chipset your motherboard uses, you may be limited to only about 3.5 GB of RAM total, even if you are using 64-bit Windows.

Casey