Sam

the main logon user profile has sound, but none of the
other three user profiles do. Obviously the sw and hw are
working but so I must be missing a configuration...Any
suggestions? Im running xp pro with a CMI8738/C3DX PCI
sound card and a VIA AC'97 enhanced audio controller (WDM)

Hi,

Did you check to see if the sounds are enabled for the users.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com