Which monitor of this i should get ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hameem 1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
i want to buy a monitor for my new PC with gtx 560 ti .. and i want your recommendations !!

- benQ G2420HD :

- Samsung 2333T :

- HP 2309v

- Asus MS236H

i will be using my monitor for long time GAMING :bounce:
post a reply of whats the best monitor of what i listed and why.

i wish i get a LOT of replies :D

Solution
IMO still the Samsung. ( but don't blame me if it blows up in your face or something like funguseater says :D )
It's pretty hard to tell actually without seing them both in action. Like stated before ; numbers don't say everything.
I know from experience that the Samsung is great ; very sharp, black is really black, colors are deep and warm, BUT i have to use a lot of extra digital vibrance on the gpu and high contrast settings on the monitor itself to accomplish that. On standard settings it's a bit dull and grey. I don't know how that is with the BenQ, the review states that the colors are ok at standard settings i believe. On the other hand does the review state that it has backlight bleeding problems and i can't see that on my...

Yep,thats why i stated that, it would be the best except for that. Then the BenQ i think because 24 inch, 2m/s, 300 cd/m2, accepteble contrast, the HP is only vga, no hdmi and 5m/s. The Asus has only 250 cd/m2, but better contrast.

We're getting there :lol:
BenQ #1`. They both have their strongpoints, BenQ is brighter with 300cd/m2, Asus bit better contrast, i think they count each other out. So then it comes down to which one has that extra plus and thats the benq being an inch bigger, and in the case of a monitor ( till a certain point ) BIGGER IS BETTER !
I'll try to find some reviews about those two, numbers don't always say everything. Be back.

funguseater

Distinguished
Avoid Samsung, I have a stack of them here with blown power boards... all different models, and MANY online complaints...

I would go for the ASUS, I find Contrast more important than the slight difference in brightness levels, but I use my monitors in a mostly dark room with just ambient lighting for gaming....

BLAH!! after reading some reviews of the ASUS I think you would be happier with the BenQ, even though the contrast is better on the ASUS, it is still only mediocre and should not be the deciding factor (asus lcd has really poor controls and does not scale video signal into different screen aspects)

Asus ;
Similar can't be said of the actual image quality of the display, though. You wouldn't realise this from the spec sheet, which talks excitedly of a 50,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio (no native figure is provided), a brightness of 250cd/m2 and a 2ms grey-to-grey response time. But, as we well know, such figures are generally very misleading. Much the same can be said of the 170 degree horizontal viewing angles, which are somewhat optimistic.
In reality, the MS236H is average: nothing more, nothing less. Its colour production is okay, its viewing angles reasonable enough for most needs and it doesn't suffer any outstanding motion handling problems, but it stands out in no way whatsoever. Particularly disappointing are both its detail in dark shades and the purity of its black level. Like many cheaper displays based on TN panel technology, it really doesn't bring the finer details out well and dark scenes tend to look a little too grey.
from http://www.trustedreviews.com/Asus-MS236H---23in-Ultra-Slim-Monitor_Monitor_review_asus-ms236h_Page-2

BenQ ;
For those on a tight budget, the BenQ G2220HD will prove a great 1080p monitor, costing no more than you'd pay for a conventional 16:10-format monitor with a lower resolution. An HDMI port and speakers are sadly lacking, but the monitor's colour reproduction is very good.
The G2220HD's image quality is generally quite impressive, although, during our testing, we noticed moderate backlight bleeding when displaying dark images. We've definitely seen monitors that have a worse backlight-bleeding problem, but we've also seen plenty that don't suffer as badly in this respect. The monitor's colour response, on the other hand, is very good indeed, with very little adjustment required during the calibration process. This results in life-like flesh tones and natural-looking photos and video.
from ; http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/monitors/benq-g2220hd-review-49304404/

And i wouldn't like the weird ring from the Asus, this means you can't look at it at a normal height and you have to look down somewhat.

I rest my case . . . :D

Aaaahh, i've got a Samsung, don't say scarry things like that. :(

funguseater

Distinguished

Don't worry... I was able to repair (replace CAPs) many more than I could not and Dell LCD seems just as Flaky... I see the problem more with people using their VGA connector instead of DVI/HDMI, I suspect something in the analog/digital conversion isn't up to snuff, but it could just be coincidence, Samsung is usually very helpful, even posting some tech manuals for the models I was having the most difficulty with. Anyway waaaay off topic.... I also use a couple Samsungs.... :pt1cable:

IMO still the Samsung. ( but don't blame me if it blows up in your face or something like funguseater says :D )
It's pretty hard to tell actually without seing them both in action. Like stated before ; numbers don't say everything.
I know from experience that the Samsung is great ; very sharp, black is really black, colors are deep and warm, BUT i have to use a lot of extra digital vibrance on the gpu and high contrast settings on the monitor itself to accomplish that. On standard settings it's a bit dull and grey. I don't know how that is with the BenQ, the review states that the colors are ok at standard settings i believe. On the other hand does the review state that it has backlight bleeding problems and i can't see that on my Samsung.
So ; Samsung#1.

You sayd that you were buying local ? Just ask if you can see them both in action and see for yourself.

Solution

hameem 1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2011
i think i will go for benQ because its 1 inch larger than the samsung .. but i will go for the samsung if the benQ was soled , because he said that he has the last piece

thanks every one for reply/

Status
Not open for further replies.