May need to buy today

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosoke

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Looking at this Mobo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138317

it looks solid and there is going to be a shell shocker for 99.99 at some point today. I'd like an opinion on it, going to put in a i3 2100 at the moment, bring up to 2500k in 6 mo's to a year. The other decisions are practically made at this point on the system

EVGA GTX 460 1GB
Got RAM G.Skil 8GB x 1600 37.99 on shell shocker last week.

Solution
I like the MSI boards for the P67 chipsets, but if you need the features of x68 then run away from MSI.
extreme3 gen3 does seem to be a good board so far. Only problem I have had is that fan1 only wants to run at full speed. I am having one other problem, but I am fairly sure it is Corsair's fault, not AS Rock's.

Area85Gaming

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Question: Are you using an SSD and HDD for this rig? If so, what size is your SSD?

If it is under I would say 90GB, you need to look at Z68 boards so that you have SSD cache ability. Basically what it does is cache all the most used applications on your SSD from your HDD (OS, Games, etc.) That way your rig runs much smoother at faster speeds.

I like the MSI boards for the P67 chipsets, but if you need the features of x68 then run away from MSI.
extreme3 gen3 does seem to be a good board so far. Only problem I have had is that fan1 only wants to run at full speed. I am having one other problem, but I am fairly sure it is Corsair's fault, not AS Rock's.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.