Hp from walmart

Solution

There really is no upgrade path for the CPU. That being said, this system is very suitable for internet use. It will use little power and will generate little heat and noise. In fact, it will likely be near silent when operating.

HPs, such as this one, aren't glamorous, but they tend to run trouble free for a very long time. Another plus for the intended user.

avieor

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Honestly, I would never go cheap on a pc. I wouldn't buy this machine myself, but ofcourse, for your mother it may not make much of a difference to her. You can try convince to buy a custom build pc on a larger budget.

slhpss

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
that is a zecate processor... and though I can't say for sure it looks like FT1 is the socket used and you may be able to upgrade it to something if you can find it that supports bga413 (ft1)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The system in question will be a good general purpose system (e-mail, web browsing, word processing, etc). It will also be okay for watching movies/streaming. However, it is definitely not a gaming system nor a high performance rig, at all.

The value of the system is dependent on how it will be used.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

There really is no upgrade path for the CPU. That being said, this system is very suitable for internet use. It will use little power and will generate little heat and noise. In fact, it will likely be near silent when operating.

HPs, such as this one, aren't glamorous, but they tend to run trouble free for a very long time. Another plus for the intended user.

Solution