Poor system performance? 2500k

Xxsjxx

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
So I benchmarked my computer using passmark and it scored a 6900 on the CPU alone. I got a new HD webcam last night and when I turned it on it have me the popup that I may experience poor system performance?!?! I have 8gb o ram too... What kind of system to they exPect you to use that thing on lol. It also makes my CPU run at 3.6 to 3.7 ghz the whole time I'm running it at 720p

Is this because my lack of discreet gfx?

This is just a blanket statement.. Basicly saying you might notice poor performance during HD recording. Your suystem is using the turbo funtion to get from 3.3 to 3.7 so it is only using 1 core or 2 when turbo goes to max so it is barely even working that hard. No worries as long as you really are not noticing poor performance then just ignore this.

T

It's likely that the software was written before the 2500k was released, and it has not been updated so that it recognizes what the 2500K is, so it technically does not "know" what your hardware is capable of, so it displays that message.
This is typical when you install older games and they say that you need a Pentium 4 @ 2ghz to run the game, but then it fails the cpu test saying your cpu is not high enough, (although you have a 2500K which is 10 times better than a p4 at any speed) "Do you want to continue the install anyway"? Well of course then the game runs like it never has before!