Sign in with
Your question

Internet Card Fried?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 28, 2012 8:25:29 PM

Hi Guys, I tried looking for someone with a similar issue, but I can't find anything so hopefully you guys can help:

My neighbor was getting rid of his desktop because he said the internet wasn't working...I thought the NIC was fried so getting a dongle or another adapter would fix it....but no luck....from what I can tell:

-the Ethernet port on the mobo is totally gone (it is "enabled" in the BIOS)
-the wireless N card is also gone (I tried it in another desktop and it does the same thing, it can SEE the networks, but it won't connect)
-the USB dongle I got has the same issue (it sees the network, but won't connect)
-i've tried the USB dongle on my other computers, and from those it connects just fine
-TETHERING to my phone works, however

the detailed specs in case anyone wants them:
Model: Gateway DX4840-03C
MOBO: H57H-AM2
CPU: Core i5-650
RAM: DDR3 6 GB
GPU: Radeon HD5570

I have tried many many things and now I'm just about ready to give up/throw it out just like my neighbor was going too :fou: 

(btw, in case you guys are wondering, the network and sharing center does NOT show the LAN or WLAN card, when I plug in the USB dongle it shows up but doesn't connect)

Thanks In advance!

More about : internet card fried

December 28, 2012 8:44:15 PM

OK, this is embarrassing....My little sister fixed the problem...and I'm WAAAAAY too embarrased to tell you guys :o 

So....Thanks!
m
l
!