Now anyone can explain WTF is this message when i try to log out

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 1113138306
Varnish
March 24, 2010 4:38:25 PM

Hey,

Its just a server glitch. Hitting reload should fix it. We are trying to get that more under control.

Thanks,
Justin
m
l
March 24, 2010 7:42:36 PM

That's the problem? Ignore it, the systems aren't perfect.
m
l
Related resources
March 24, 2010 8:11:30 PM

I'm on here a lot and have never seen it. Is it browser related? I mainly use Firefox.
m
l
March 24, 2010 8:12:53 PM

I guess I never try to log out, so I never see it. I'm on FF as well.
m
l
March 24, 2010 8:16:55 PM

EXT64 said:
I guess I never try to log out, so I never see it. I'm on FF as well.

Congrat's that ur experince every one who seem to have some sort of technical knowledge uses firefox only............

so, find solution's
rather than to pass comment
m
l
March 24, 2010 8:20:51 PM

What browser are you using?
m
l
March 24, 2010 8:23:48 PM

EXT64 said:
What browser are you using?

please Mr. Experinced :pt1cable:  read above i wrote "firefox" :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 
m
l
March 24, 2010 8:28:33 PM

huntluck said:
Congrat's that ur experince every one who seem to have some sort of technical knowledge uses firefox only............

I'm not trying to be mean, but I think the language barrier is causing some confusion.

Your statement above, doesn't indicate that you personally use FF.

m
l
March 24, 2010 8:32:20 PM

aford10 said:
I'm not trying to be mean, but I think the language barrier is causing some confusion.

Your statement above, doesn't indicate that you personally use FF.

Look sir now im stating clearly to you that im browsing using fire fox is that ok now could you tell me rather than creating confusion from where did these all problem's arising.... i know you already visited my previous post
m
l
March 24, 2010 8:37:24 PM

Ok, now I understand. Sorry.
m
l
March 24, 2010 8:55:27 PM

With any browser that you try, you could get the same error.

I test with Firefox, Chrome, and IE. The 1st weeks works fine, but latter the error comes.
m
l
March 24, 2010 10:16:29 PM

I'm not sure what's causing the error. But as Justin said, they are aware of it, and are working on it.
m
l
March 24, 2010 11:02:13 PM

It's certainly nothing new. I normally run into a bout of Guru Meditations once a week, and the custom Tom's Hardware "this site is unavailable" messages once or twice a week.
m
l
March 27, 2010 10:55:41 PM

Him again
m
l
March 28, 2010 6:55:28 PM

Hey,

Anytime that happens in the future can you record the exact date and time and post it on this thread? That will be very helpful.

Justin
m
l
March 29, 2010 11:25:19 AM

well ,,well, well, at last
justin that's good to hear from you , and also Mr.Randomizer also helped in some and listen's to me i respect him for that and also hope he would assist me me if im stuck........

either of other's are not sounding 1% technical to me according to me rather that giving advice to me about life,

why this deepshit just see what problem's are been all user's facing in this website and try to learn here , rather than being a pope or considering himself a Einstien
m
l
March 30, 2010 8:27:23 AM

hey justin i got it

Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 1068413665
Varnish

AGAIN 1:50 pm 30-3-2010

and as per indian time

and calulate it as exactly 5 min before i posted this thread
m
l
March 30, 2010 1:21:46 PM

I always get that error when try to log out of the system.
m
l
March 30, 2010 1:33:19 PM

i get every time,,, i got this error 3 times today when i try to post thread or log out as saint said and while browsing now plz dont ask which browser you use as i already said firefox

hey justin plz do somthing abt it as i can't refresh 2-3 times to successfully post my thread and also in my other thread i said abt updating the status

HOW MUCH TIME MORE TO FIX ALL THIS?
m
l
March 31, 2010 3:07:30 AM

You're mistaking the administrator and moderators for the technical staff.

Why don't you try virtualdr.com, pchelpforum.com, techsupportguy.com or bleepingcomputer.com? But they don't allow your offensive language there.
m
l
March 31, 2010 1:33:24 PM

I don't see the problem. Maybe it's where you are at or your ISP is having issues? Why are you asking THG to fix it when apparently, it's not their issue? I'd say, get with your ISP because it definitely seems to be originating elsewhere and not with this site.

Oh, and you COULD be a little more courteous. You ask for courtesy, yet you flame people when they're trying to help and can't quite understand or comprehend what you've stated, especially the admin when he asked what browser you were using. Even I couldn't tell you meant YOU were using Firefox. When he apologizes, you flame him again. Then, you have the audacity to DEMAND that he fixes your problem when it's apparent it's not the problem of the website.

Your posts here have been almost to the point of being belligerent to everyone, including the subject you posted. Makes it hard to want to help someone that comes in with a bad attitude.

All I'm saying is, tone down the rhetoric and people will be more than happy to help you out.

I hope you do find the answer to your problem. Again, I would start looking at your local network and then get with your ISP, especially since you stated the time was Indian time. That makes me wonder if it's something to do with how many hops you may have to go through to get to this site. Try doing a traceroute (tracert command in Windows) to the IP address of this site to see how many hops you have to travel through. You might find a place where it gets hung and can't go any further. That should give you the name and ip address of where it's occurring and that's probably your issue.
m
l
March 31, 2010 1:43:40 PM

isamuelson said:
I don't see the problem. Maybe it's where you are at or your ISP is having issues? Why are you asking THG to fix it when apparently, it's not their issue? I'd say, get with your ISP because it definitely seems to be originating elsewhere and not with this site.

Oh, and you COULD be a little more courteous. You're posts here have been almost to the point of being belligerent to everyone, including the subject you posted. Makes it hard to want to help someone that comes in with a bad attitude.

Why u always :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

try to be happy like this :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

LOL who r u to judge attitude :lol: 
m
l
March 31, 2010 1:49:24 PM

huntluck said:
Why u always :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 

try to be happy like this :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

LOL who r u to judge attitude :lol: 

I'm not crying. I'd say you are and again, here you go again with the attitude. It makes people not want to help you.

I even gave you some tips. If you choose to ignore them, no skin off my back. Just trying to be helpful.

Have a nice day!

m
l
March 31, 2010 1:53:31 PM

I think we should all take a break now and study the link I found. It's most enlightening.
m
l
March 31, 2010 1:56:06 PM

isamuelson said:
I'm not crying. I'd say you are and again, here you go again with the attitude. It makes people not want to help you.

I even gave you some tips. If you choose to ignore them, no skin off my back. Just trying to be helpful.

Have a nice day!

Look man i don't know you neither anyone this site . but as this site provides platform to all over the world to share knowledge and learn something you don't know this people make me sick giving advice about life instead of the solution i m stuck up ..

They make frustrate and you name it as bad attitude they all started first not me. i just asked a question ..

May be im not having vast knowledge abt tech's but am also not an jerk to tech world.. no one else is ..

What im trying to say is NO ONE COMES PERFECT FROM MOTHER'S WOMB.. its the world who teaches child how to deal and learn

Hope you understand and be on my side ! :love: 
m
l
March 31, 2010 2:02:23 PM

huntluck said:
Look man i don't know you neither anyone this site . but as this site provides platform to all over the world to share knowledge and learn something you don't know this people make me sick giving advice about life instead of the solution i m stuck up ..

They make frustrate and you name it as bad attitude they all started first not me. i just asked a question ..

May be im not having vast knowledge abt tech's but am also not an jerk to tech world.. no one else is ..

What im trying to say is NO ONE COMES PERFECT FROM MOTHER'S WOMB.. its the world who teaches child how to deal and learn

Hope you understand and be on my side ! :love: 

Okay, truce. :hello: 

I understand that maybe you're from a different country, so it could be that what you are typing is NOT meaning to be mean or having an attitude. I understand your frustration with the time outs. It's unfortunate that it happens, but you seem to be the only one that has it occurring at an alarming frequency. I see it, but it's rare. The internet is a finicky beast that we actually have no control over.

One thing I would suggest is first, going to a command window and typing the following:

tracert www.tomshardware.com

Look and see how many hops it takes to get to the site. If there is a problem, this will usually show it and that might point to where you are having the "lag" that is causing your timeout. If that seems all well and good, then I would try it a couple of times to see what happens.

Next, I would get with your ISP to see if they can determine what the issue is. More times than not, the issue is due to domain name resolution and how servers that you are going through resolve the eventual name/IP address of Toms website. Usually, your ISP can fix this by finding a better route to the site, but it's definitely something out of the hands of the people at THG. I have had this problem before and contacting my ISP usually resolves the issue.

Hopefully, you can find the answer to your problem. THG is definitely a great site to be at.
m
l
March 31, 2010 2:08:13 PM

It takes 17 hopes to trace complete
m
l
March 31, 2010 2:10:25 PM

huntluck said:
It takes 17 hopes to trace complete

And it looks like it's getting there pretty quickly? Could you post a screen shot of the tracert?

I would say the next step is getting with whoever provides your internet access to see if they can see what happens.

Also, this only occurs during log out? If so, I wouldn't sweat it too much. I just tried it and I didn't get the message. It could be a number of things that's causing it, but other than possibly annoying the heck out someone, I don't think it's anything serious, especially since you're just logging out.

m
l
March 31, 2010 2:26:09 PM

You're a good man, Samuelson. You make me want to be a better woman.

Hunt, there's a Tom's in India. You might have better routing over there, closer to home. And seriously there are other forums where you can talk about computers, the best are the ones I mentioned. Maybe you'll have a better connection on those.

Samuelson-- my PM to you was just 404'ed. Talk about glitches!!
m
l
March 31, 2010 2:30:29 PM

graywolf said:
You're a good man, Samuelson. You make me want to be a better woman.

Hunt, there's a Tom's in India. You might have better routing over there, closer to home. And seriously there are other forums where you can talk about computers, the best are the ones I mentioned. Maybe you'll have a better connection on those.

Samuelson-- my PM to you was just 404'ed. Talk about glitches!!

[:isamuelson]

I didn't think of suggesting the India site!

As for the 404, how ironic, huh? [:isamuelson:8]
m
l
March 31, 2010 2:37:01 PM

I've asked 3 people how to do best answer, gornisht I might be missing a button in Firefox. Is it visible only to the OP?
m
l
March 31, 2010 2:38:31 PM

graywolf said:
I've asked 3 people how to do best answer, gornisht I might be missing a button in Firefox. Is it visible only to the OP?

Yup. Only the OP or a moderator can select the best answer AND the thread has to be a "seeking a specific answer" thread.
m
l
March 31, 2010 2:41:12 PM

It has to be a question thread, not a discussion. And yes, only the OP can see the option.
m
l
March 31, 2010 2:42:10 PM

Please explain "the thread has to be a 'seeking a specific answer.' "

m
l
March 31, 2010 2:56:44 PM

graywolf said:
Please explain "the thread has to be a 'seeking a specific answer.' "

You have to be the OP of course. Click on the "Ask the community" button. In the editor, ensure you click on the "Question" tab. Underneath that, it will say "I am seeking an exact answer". My previous post was what I could remember from memory (and my memory is NOT that good! Ask my wife! [:isamuelson] ).

Anyways, you want to be sure you are in the Question tab, not the Discussion or Poll tab. After that, you or a mod can then select the best answer to your question (unless of course, you are the only poster in the thread and I've had that happen before, so I have no way of selecting the best answer!)
m
l
April 1, 2010 2:04:15 AM

graywolf said:
You make me want to be a better woman.

There are two women on this forum now? This is breaking all the laws of the Internet :D 
m
l
April 1, 2010 2:08:29 AM

C'mon randomizer...you can't forget about jennyh and amdfangirl :ouch: 
m
l
April 1, 2010 2:21:13 AM

I know about Jenny, but I don't know if AFG has reached the "woman" age yet. Although I think the going trend is to call adolescents "young women" and "young men" to make them feel older than they are :p 
m
l
April 1, 2010 2:42:48 AM

AFG argues like a grown woman. I've seen her kick some tail all over the CPU forum.
m
l
April 1, 2010 3:17:03 AM

randomizer said:
There are two women on this forum now? This is breaking all the laws of the Internet :D 

Actually, there are more than 2, but you're not clicking on every one. Have you actually been counting them?

This will blow your mind: 4 other forums I know even have female moderators. We're not barefoot and pregnant any more.

Sit down, there's more: I've been at Mozillazine for 8 years and virtaldr.com for 10. I have my own computer repair business, and I reported the guy who called me "lovey" at another forum, and had him tossed.
m
l
April 1, 2010 3:25:45 AM

And still rockin' the P4 :p 
m
l
April 1, 2010 3:35:57 AM

I've only been counting the ones I know of, but of course there are more. And yes I've seen female moderators too. They are often alot less egocentric :) 

I was just referring to the age-old phrase, and now Rule #30, that "there are no girls on the Internet."
m
l
April 1, 2010 3:58:31 AM

And I was referring to aford10's comment, which was cryptic.

Never heard the age-old phrase, and I've been on the net since 1996. Might be local to your little community of 300 in the Midwest, or we go to different kinds of sites.

It's a mixed bag. The female moderator on another unnamed forum is plenty egocentric, arrogant and rigid. I told her what I though of her before I left. She's "holier than thou." The one on virtualdr is a lovely person, and businesslike.

seriously there are more girls than women my age on the bet. Kids are being brought up with it, whereas I had to learn the uphill way starting at age 50.

But teenagers and kids in their 20's are more interested with what the computer can do than with what makes it tick. They love their music and videos and chat. They click on too many ads and download toolbars and don't realize what's going on until they're infested. Then they get on forums with

" my cpmtuer dont work plz i ned instant hlp. is blue"
"bump"
"bump im here 2 hrs and no hlp. know won nos?"
m
l
April 1, 2010 4:20:35 AM

You and I have a generation gap.
m
l
April 1, 2010 5:43:10 AM

Oh yes, indeed we do. Although the above site is not my thing (quite the opposite, ED is a cesspool of rot that people have far too much time to write), it just happened to be one of the first links I pulled off google when I searched for the phrase. Like most stupid memes it probably comes from 4chan or Usenet. Not sure how I came across it though, since I use neither.
m
l
April 1, 2010 12:03:18 PM

graywolf said:
And I was referring to aford10's comment, which was cryptic.

Sorry, didn't mean to be....P4 = pentium 4 (it's in your signature)....You're still rocking out with your pentium 4 ;) 
m
l
!