Sign in with
Your question

HDD led constantly blinking every second

Last response: in Components
February 22, 2012 4:11:55 PM

I'm wondering why HDD LED is constantly blinking every second even if nothing is done or while no programs running.

Here's my computer:

Dell Inspiron 14R (n4010)

Intel i3 390M 2.67Ghz
6gb RAM DD3 1333
HDD: Seagate ST9320423AS 320gb 7200 rpm
Win7 Home Basic 64-bit

What could be the cause of this blinking? Is there a way to make it stop? Could there be a hidden program that's causing it to blink constantly?
February 22, 2012 4:20:37 PM

ummm....maybe because processes are running? Is it really bothering you, it's supposed to blink, that's why they make a blinking light for it, if it wasn't supposed to blink, they would make a non blinking light for it.
m
l
February 22, 2012 4:28:46 PM

geekapproved said:
ummm....maybe because processes are running? Is it really bothering you, it's supposed to blink, that's why they make a blinking light for it, if it wasn't supposed to blink, they would make a non blinking light for it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My older Dell didn't blink like this before. It only blinked whenever the computer is being used. But this one is blinking even at standby. It bother me when I use this computer for my DJ programs such as Traktor Scratch Pro. I have set to Maximum performance and have uninstalled some unnecessary programs. Still there are audio drop outs from time to time. I even have disabled the auto update, scan, wi-fi, etc. but I still get drop outs.

Would it help if I reformat my computer?
m
l
!