PSP - More Pixel Problems?

PSP Screen Issues Rampant
Sony says dead pixels aren't a sign of malfunction.
by Patrick Klepek
When Jeff McDaniel picked up a PSP from Target yesterday, he didn't
anticipate it would take three exchanges to find a unit without a
glaring problem. McDaniels' first PSP had a cluster of five dead pixels
that "looked like the North Star," and his second contained irremovable
dust under the screen and a stuck pixel on the left-hand side. Third
time was not the charm, though; McDaniel inspected his next PSP, only
to discover an enormous dent that looked "like a mechanical pencil had
punctured the screen."

http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6

For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
situation on your unit?
27 answers Last reply
More about pixel problems

    Beck wrote:
    > "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    > >

    > > For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    > > situation on your unit?
    >
    > Hi Robert, Gamefaqs forums have a host of people who have had pixels
    > problems and the dent problems.

    Gamefaqs is where I saw this article initially. I didn't realize you
    lurked there.

    > Some people getting as many as 15 dead
    > pixels in one unit. I am getting a second hand PSP this week. I
    know it
    > has two dead pixels and I am not worried about it. Much rather know
    exactly
    > what I am getting rather than open a brand new box to find it has a
    face
    > full of freckles.

    >From what I can tell it seems to be a hit and miss thing with the bad
    pixels. I suppose having two dead ones in a used unit isn't too bad,
    and I hope you're getting a good deal. But like you said, if I opened
    up a brand new unit which I just paid $250 for, I wouldn't be too happy
    with even one dead pixel.

    MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    > In article <1112034971.113730.96920@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    > holleyrp@delanet.com says...
    > >
    > >PSP Screen Issues Rampant
    > >Sony says dead pixels aren't a sign of malfunction.
    > >by Patrick Klepek
    > >When Jeff McDaniel picked up a PSP from Target yesterday, he didn't
    > >anticipate it would take three exchanges to find a unit without a
    > >glaring problem. McDaniels' first PSP had a cluster of five dead
    pixels
    > >that "looked like the North Star," and his second contained
    irremovable
    > >dust under the screen and a stuck pixel on the left-hand side. Third
    > >time was not the charm, though; McDaniel inspected his next PSP,
    only
    > >to discover an enormous dent that looked "like a mechanical pencil
    had
    > >punctured the screen."
    > >
    > >http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    > >

    > >For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    > >situation on your unit?
    > >

    > I have one little fella right down in the right hand corner. Not a
    problem and
    > I won't be returning it unless more pop up.

    Now do you have an extended warranty? If not, how long would you have
    to return it to get a new one? The normal 90 days?

    What is the dent problem?

    My unit is perfect too, but I'm going to get that Pelican face plate
    for it, as the bundled pouch is too soft to protect the screen from
    hard objects. I wonder if they could replace the screen if it ever
    gets damaged or if you have to buy a whole new unit.

    Where is it located? The only problem I had was that I had some dust
    in the analog slider, and it was obvious because the PSP is so black.
    It took me quite a while to remove the dust as the dust got caught in
    the little indentations in the grip surface
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On 3/28/2005 11:36 AM, Robert P Holley spake thusly:

    > For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    > situation on your unit?

    Damn, I'm starting to think I won the PSP lottery. My unit is flawless -- no
    dents or dings, no dead pixels, no trapped dust, and I've even managed to
    not scratch the screen so far (unlike my iPod, which I scratched the first
    day I had it. But a Pocket PC screen protector rendered the scratch
    invisible.) The memory stick cover is a little looser than I'd like, but
    nothing I can't live with.

    I wonder if there percentage of dead pixel PSPs is really high, or if it's
    just that the people with A-OK units have no reason to speak up while those
    with dead pixels are (rightly) beaking about it.

    -Z-
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    > For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    > situation on your unit?

    Perfect.
    no problems at all
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Robert P Holley wrote:
    > Beck wrote:
    >
    >>"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >>>http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    >>>

    >>>For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    >>>situation on your unit?
    >>
    >>Hi Robert, Gamefaqs forums have a host of people who have had pixels
    >>problems and the dent problems.
    >

    > Gamefaqs is where I saw this article initially. I didn't realize you
    > lurked there.
    >

    >> Some people getting as many as 15 dead
    >>pixels in one unit. I am getting a second hand PSP this week. I
    >
    > know it
    >
    >>has two dead pixels and I am not worried about it. Much rather know
    >
    > exactly
    >
    >>what I am getting rather than open a brand new box to find it has a
    >
    > face
    >
    >>full of freckles.
    >

    >>From what I can tell it seems to be a hit and miss thing with the bad
    > pixels. I suppose having two dead ones in a used unit isn't too bad,
    > and I hope you're getting a good deal. But like you said, if I opened
    > up a brand new unit which I just paid $250 for, I wouldn't be too happy
    > with even one dead pixel.

    I've got about a dozen. It's going back to best buy this week.

    --

    Andrew
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <1112034971.113730.96920@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    holleyrp@delanet.com says...

    >PSP Screen Issues Rampant
    >Sony says dead pixels aren't a sign of malfunction.
    >by Patrick Klepek
    >When Jeff McDaniel picked up a PSP from Target yesterday, he didn't
    >anticipate it would take three exchanges to find a unit without a
    >glaring problem. McDaniels' first PSP had a cluster of five dead pixels
    >that "looked like the North Star," and his second contained irremovable
    >dust under the screen and a stuck pixel on the left-hand side. Third
    >time was not the charm, though; McDaniel inspected his next PSP, only
    >to discover an enormous dent that looked "like a mechanical pencil had
    >punctured the screen."
    >
    >http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    >

    >For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    >situation on your unit?

    I have one little fella right down in the right hand corner. Not a problem and
    I won't be returning it unless more pop up.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    So far I have no dead pixels at all. I was wondering how the psp's are
    getting them though. Are they dropped or mishandled during shipment or
    something? If I don't have any dead pixels now, will they pop up in the
    future? Is it inevitable that all LCD screens get them? My laptop is about
    3 years old, and it has no dead pixels sp far.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    > situation on your unit?

    I have one perfect one from EB. One with 1 dead pixel from Best Buy. And a
    third that I bought from EB for a co-worker with 2 clustered together in the
    middle that are only visible during the black screen and one bright blue in
    the lower left hand corner that shows up all the time. When I called EB,
    they said I could deal with Sony or I could just come in a couple of weeks
    and exchange it when their supply was bigger.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

    > http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    >

    > For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    > situation on your unit?

    Hi Robert, Gamefaqs forums have a host of people who have had pixels
    problems and the dent problems. Some people getting as many as 15 dead
    pixels in one unit. I am getting a second hand PSP this week. I know it
    has two dead pixels and I am not worried about it. Much rather know exactly
    what I am getting rather than open a brand new box to find it has a face
    full of freckles.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Beck wrote:
    >> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> > http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    >> >

    >> > For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    >> > situation on your unit?
    >>
    >> Hi Robert, Gamefaqs forums have a host of people who have had pixels
    >> problems and the dent problems.
    >
    > Gamefaqs is where I saw this article initially. I didn't realize you
    > lurked there.

    Cant miss me, my name is extremely similar ;-)
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "lb02" wrote in message

    > So far I have no dead pixels at all. I was wondering how the psp's are
    > getting them though. Are they dropped or mishandled during shipment or
    > something? If I don't have any dead pixels now, will they pop up in the
    > future? Is it inevitable that all LCD screens get them? My laptop is
    about
    > 3 years old, and it has no dead pixels sp far.

    I think they mainly are introduced during assembly. I'm willing to bet that
    many of these "dead pixels" are actually just dust trapped under the screen.
    Nintendo's GBA-SP was prone to trapped dust with it's first released batch.
    I returned my first GBA-SP (initial release) due to what I thought was a
    "dead pixel", only to get a replacement that did, in fact, have truely bad
    "hot pixels'. I returned the replacement for the original one. A year
    later, got the tool the take the SP apart and was able to get the little
    piece of dust out. Its now prestine. Since gotten a Nintendo DS, which
    also has "problem pixels". Going to pick up a Sony PSP Friday and, knocking
    on wood, it won't have any either.

    Don't know how "inevitable" dead pixels are with appearing on LCD's, but not
    having any on your laptop after three years is really good. My newest
    laptop has developed a few in a couple years. I think preventing a laptop
    from being exposed to temperature extremes significantly decreases the
    likelihood of dead/hot pixels developing. I travel quite a bit and my
    laptop has been exposed to quite a bit of temperature variations.

    I also suspect that as LCD's become more and more advanced, they are
    becoming more prone to developing pixel issues. Neither my Sega Nomad or
    Sega Game Gear have any bad pixels, yet they have seen years of use and
    travel. Assuming since they have much less resolution than today's LCD's,
    the pixels are bigger and more resistant against becoming dead/hot.
    Sometimes I get a sold horizontal line on my Nomad (single horizontal line
    of pixels) that remains "hot" (red), but moving the contrast on the Nomad
    immiedietly "knocks it back to normal".

    I think the GBA-SP is much better now with the dust/pixels problem. Its
    almost as if the manufacturers are attempting to crank out so many of these
    things for initial releases that some quality control gets overlooked. Even
    afterwards, it would be impossible to QC all product going out against a
    single bad pixel or piece of dust without raising cost substantially. Just
    the nature of the beast. Nintendo has offered to replace all DS's with any
    pixel/dust problem though. I wonder if Sony will follow suite.

    Cheers,
    -Eric
    (Looking forward to Friday to getting, knocking on wood, a pixel
    problem/dust free PSP!)
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Er, meant that my Nintendo DS doesn't have and pixel/dust problems.

    Only weird thing with my DS is that the backlight is very slightly less
    bright in the lower left hand corner of the bottom LCD. Hardly noticable
    though. Two other DS's I compared it with, one (friend's) also has the same
    slightly diminished backlit corner and the second (fiance's) doesn't. Go
    figure. *shrug*
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    <brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > What is the dent problem?

    Its been described by some as a tiny circular hole about 1mm in size maybe
    smaller, like an inward bubble.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    > Where is it located? The only problem I had was that I had some dust
    > in the analog slider, and it was obvious because the PSP is so black.
    > It took me quite a while to remove the dust as the dust got caught in
    > the little indentations in the grip surface

    On the actual screen I think.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    In article <1112037372.239189.181360@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    holleyrp@delanet.com says...

    >MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    >> In article <1112034971.113730.96920@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    >> holleyrp@delanet.com says...
    >> >
    >> >PSP Screen Issues Rampant
    >> >Sony says dead pixels aren't a sign of malfunction.
    >> >by Patrick Klepek
    >> >When Jeff McDaniel picked up a PSP from Target yesterday, he didn't
    >> >anticipate it would take three exchanges to find a unit without a
    >> >glaring problem. McDaniels' first PSP had a cluster of five dead
    >pixels
    >> >that "looked like the North Star," and his second contained
    >irremovable
    >> >dust under the screen and a stuck pixel on the left-hand side. Third
    >> >time was not the charm, though; McDaniel inspected his next PSP,
    >only
    >> >to discover an enormous dent that looked "like a mechanical pencil
    >had
    >> >punctured the screen."
    >> >
    >> >http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    >> >

    >> >For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    >> >situation on your unit?
    >> >

    >> I have one little fella right down in the right hand corner. Not a
    >problem and
    >> I won't be returning it unless more pop up.
    >
    >Now do you have an extended warranty? If not, how long would you have
    >to return it to get a new one? The normal 90 days?

    I have the one year EB's warranty.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Robert P Holley got up from the bar and shouted: :
    > PSP Screen Issues Rampant
    > Sony says dead pixels aren't a sign of malfunction.
    > by Patrick Klepek
    > When Jeff McDaniel picked up a PSP from Target yesterday, he didn't
    > anticipate it would take three exchanges to find a unit without a
    > glaring problem. McDaniels' first PSP had a cluster of five dead pixels
    > that "looked like the North Star," and his second contained irremovable
    > dust under the screen and a stuck pixel on the left-hand side. Third
    > time was not the charm, though; McDaniel inspected his next PSP, only
    > to discover an enormous dent that looked "like a mechanical pencil had
    > punctured the screen."
    >
    > http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    >

    > For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    > situation on your unit?

    Is this an appropriate time to thank the US for beta testing the PSP
    production process before it launches in Europe in June? By then, the
    screen manufacture process should be considerably better.. :-)
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Black Shuck wrote:
    > Robert P Holley got up from the bar and shouted: :
    >
    >> PSP Screen Issues Rampant
    >> Sony says dead pixels aren't a sign of malfunction.
    >> by Patrick Klepek
    >> When Jeff McDaniel picked up a PSP from Target yesterday, he didn't
    >> anticipate it would take three exchanges to find a unit without a
    >> glaring problem. McDaniels' first PSP had a cluster of five dead pixels
    >> that "looked like the North Star," and his second contained irremovable
    >> dust under the screen and a stuck pixel on the left-hand side. Third
    >> time was not the charm, though; McDaniel inspected his next PSP, only
    >> to discover an enormous dent that looked "like a mechanical pencil had
    >> punctured the screen."
    >>
    >> http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    >>

    >> For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    >> situation on your unit?
    >>

    > Is this an appropriate time to thank the US for beta testing the PSP
    > production process before it launches in Europe in June? By then, the
    > screen manufacture process should be considerably better.. :-)

    That's what we thought about Japan!

    --

    Andrew
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Andrew" <yogig@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Black Shuck wrote:
    >> Robert P Holley got up from the bar and shouted: :
    >>
    >>> PSP Screen Issues Rampant
    >>> Sony says dead pixels aren't a sign of malfunction.
    >>> by Patrick Klepek
    >>> When Jeff McDaniel picked up a PSP from Target yesterday, he didn't
    >>> anticipate it would take three exchanges to find a unit without a
    >>> glaring problem. McDaniels' first PSP had a cluster of five dead pixels
    >>> that "looked like the North Star," and his second contained irremovable
    >>> dust under the screen and a stuck pixel on the left-hand side. Third
    >>> time was not the charm, though; McDaniel inspected his next PSP, only
    >>> to discover an enormous dent that looked "like a mechanical pencil had
    >>> punctured the screen."
    >>>
    >>> http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    >>>

    >>> For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    >>> situation on your unit?
    >>>

    >> Is this an appropriate time to thank the US for beta testing the PSP
    >> production process before it launches in Europe in June? By then, the
    >> screen manufacture process should be considerably better.. :-)
    >>

    > That's what we thought about Japan!

    That isn't going to help with the dead pixel problem since it is a fairly
    common occurence with LCD screens. I have a feeling that it will always be
    the case with the DS and the PSP and no amount of time will correct it.
    > --
    >
    > Andrew
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    I have no dead pixels, but do have a tiny dimple in the screen mid
    left-hand side. It's only noticable if the PSP is held at an extreme
    angle, so it's a keeper. I did pay $25 for EB's warranty, though. I
    think it's a good policy to do this on a first run of a new product.

    Eric wrote:
    > Robert P Holley wrote:
    >
    > >PSP Screen Issues Rampant
    > >Sony says dead pixels aren't a sign of malfunction.
    > >by Patrick Klepek
    > >When Jeff McDaniel picked up a PSP from Target yesterday, he didn't
    > >anticipate it would take three exchanges to find a unit without a
    > >glaring problem. McDaniels' first PSP had a cluster of five dead
    pixels
    > >that "looked like the North Star," and his second contained
    irremovable
    > >dust under the screen and a stuck pixel on the left-hand side. Third
    > >time was not the charm, though; McDaniel inspected his next PSP,
    only
    > >to discover an enormous dent that looked "like a mechanical pencil
    had
    > >punctured the screen."
    > >
    > >http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    > >

    > >For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    > >situation on your unit?
    > >

    > Even though $250 sounds like a lot of money, the PSP is fairly
    > inexpensive considering all of the features it packs inside. If Sony

    > were to guarantee that every unit was free of dead or stuck pixels,
    it
    > would raise the price even higher. It would require the LCD
    > manufacturers to jack up the price since the yield in manufacturing
    > would drop considerably. Every manufacturer that uses LCD screens in

    > their products has a policy on dead or stuck pixels. You'll see this

    > with digital cameras, laptops, etc. It's hard to know exactly how
    bad
    > the problem is with the PSP, since we all know that more people post
    > complaints about products. Plus everyone is examining their screens
    > with a microscope instead of playing games. I'm not criticizing
    those
    > who aren't happy to find a pixel problem, but even the PSPs with
    perfect
    > screens will suffer dings over time. My PSP isn't perfect. It has
    two
    > very tiny dimples in the clear plastic that covers the LCD. They're
    > caused by trapped air during manufacture. I can see them if I hold
    the
    > screen up to the light, but they're not noticeable at all during
    > gameplay. But I'm not going to go on a quest for the perfect LCD
    since
    > everything else on the unit works great.
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    > <brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> What is the dent problem?
    >
    > Its been described by some as a tiny circular hole about 1mm in size maybe
    > smaller, like an inward bubble.

    I have about 3 of these right next to each other. There very tiny though.
    Only way it affects the picture is when tilted and theres like a shining
    star effect. But during gaming play its not noticable since I dont play it
    tilted.
    Im not taking it back though. I dont want to get something worse. I have
    only one stuck pixel it looks like and its to the right of the middle which
    doesnt bother me unless I stare at it for a moment. Which i dont when
    playing.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    On 3/28/05 1:16 PM, in article
    1112037372.239189.181360@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, "Robert P Holley"
    <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote:

    > MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
    >> In article <1112034971.113730.96920@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    >> holleyrp@delanet.com says...
    >>>
    >>> PSP Screen Issues Rampant
    >>> Sony says dead pixels aren't a sign of malfunction.
    >>> by Patrick Klepek
    >>> When Jeff McDaniel picked up a PSP from Target yesterday, he didn't
    >>> anticipate it would take three exchanges to find a unit without a
    >>> glaring problem. McDaniels' first PSP had a cluster of five dead
    > pixels
    >>> that "looked like the North Star," and his second contained
    > irremovable
    >>> dust under the screen and a stuck pixel on the left-hand side. Third
    >>> time was not the charm, though; McDaniel inspected his next PSP,
    > only
    >>> to discover an enormous dent that looked "like a mechanical pencil
    > had
    >>> punctured the screen."
    >>>
    >>> http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    >>>

    >>> For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    >>> situation on your unit?
    >>>

    >> I have one little fella right down in the right hand corner. Not a
    > problem and
    >> I won't be returning it unless more pop up.
    >
    > Now do you have an extended warranty? If not, how long would you have
    > to return it to get a new one? The normal 90 days?

    Isn't the return period for electronic items 30 days (in the U.S.)? You do a
    get a 1 year warranty from Sony and dead pixels/air bubbles would be a
    manufacturing defect but you would have to go through the hassle of mailing
    the unit to Sony and waiting for a new to be sent to you. OTOH, this is why
    stores allow the 30 day period to return items that go bad since during this
    time is if there is a manufacturing defect most times it will show within
    the first 30 days (if not immediatley.)

    RickB
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    Robert P Holley wrote:

    >PSP Screen Issues Rampant
    >Sony says dead pixels aren't a sign of malfunction.
    >by Patrick Klepek
    >When Jeff McDaniel picked up a PSP from Target yesterday, he didn't
    >anticipate it would take three exchanges to find a unit without a
    >glaring problem. McDaniels' first PSP had a cluster of five dead pixels
    >that "looked like the North Star," and his second contained irremovable
    >dust under the screen and a stuck pixel on the left-hand side. Third
    >time was not the charm, though; McDaniel inspected his next PSP, only
    >to discover an enormous dent that looked "like a mechanical pencil had
    >punctured the screen."
    >
    >http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    >

    >For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    >situation on your unit?

    Even though $250 sounds like a lot of money, the PSP is fairly
    inexpensive considering all of the features it packs inside. If Sony
    were to guarantee that every unit was free of dead or stuck pixels, it
    would raise the price even higher. It would require the LCD
    manufacturers to jack up the price since the yield in manufacturing
    would drop considerably. Every manufacturer that uses LCD screens in
    their products has a policy on dead or stuck pixels. You'll see this
    with digital cameras, laptops, etc. It's hard to know exactly how bad
    the problem is with the PSP, since we all know that more people post
    complaints about products. Plus everyone is examining their screens
    with a microscope instead of playing games. I'm not criticizing those
    who aren't happy to find a pixel problem, but even the PSPs with perfect
    screens will suffer dings over time. My PSP isn't perfect. It has two
    very tiny dimples in the clear plastic that covers the LCD. They're
    caused by trapped air during manufacture. I can see them if I hold the
    screen up to the light, but they're not noticeable at all during
    gameplay. But I'm not going to go on a quest for the perfect LCD since
    everything else on the unit works great.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    "lonesw0rdsman" <ga@lone.com> wrote in message

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <brun132001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> What is the dent problem?
    >>
    >> Its been described by some as a tiny circular hole about 1mm in size
    >> maybe smaller, like an inward bubble.
    >>
    > I have about 3 of these right next to each other. There very tiny though.
    > Only way it affects the picture is when tilted and theres like a shining
    > star effect. But during gaming play its not noticable since I dont play it
    > tilted.
    > Im not taking it back though. I dont want to get something worse. I have
    > only one stuck pixel it looks like and its to the right of the middle
    > which doesnt bother me unless I stare at it for a moment. Which i dont
    > when playing.

    I don't think any electrical device can be 100% perfect and if you are happy
    with it and it doesn't bother you then thats great.
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    No problems with mine...

    "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
    > PSP Screen Issues Rampant
    > Sony says dead pixels aren't a sign of malfunction.
    > by Patrick Klepek
    > When Jeff McDaniel picked up a PSP from Target yesterday, he didn't
    > anticipate it would take three exchanges to find a unit without a
    > glaring problem. McDaniels' first PSP had a cluster of five dead pixels
    > that "looked like the North Star," and his second contained irremovable
    > dust under the screen and a stuck pixel on the left-hand side. Third
    > time was not the charm, though; McDaniel inspected his next PSP, only
    > to discover an enormous dent that looked "like a mechanical pencil had
    > punctured the screen."
    >
    > http://psp.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3139152&did=6
    >

    > For the folks here in this group who own a PSP, what's the pixel
    > situation on your unit?

Console Gaming PlayStation Sony Video Games