Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • BIOS
  • Epox
  • CPUs
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
December 29, 2012 1:12:09 AM

I have an EPoX ep-agf6110-m/g mobo and i need to update the bios to install a new CPU. The cpu is an AMD phenom II X4 965 black edition. As far as i can tell epox doesnt operate anymore because they went out of business or something. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated (a link perhaps:) ?)

BTW my current bios version says it is SMBIOS version 2.2 and BIOS version Phoenix technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, and it was installed in 10/24/06. i got that info from the System Information app in windows. does the phoenix technology thing mean my bios is not from EPoX? I geuss im kind of clueless here guys, any help you give will be greatly appreciated.

More about : update bios

a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 29, 2012 1:40:15 AM

go to the mobo manufaturers website they should have the updated bios there with instructions or the program to do it for you
m
l
December 29, 2012 2:43:16 AM

te100 said:
go to the mobo manufaturers website they should have the updated bios there with instructions or the program to do it for you

well EPoX is out of business so they dont have a website, and like i said my bios doesnt even seem to be from EPoX its from a company called pheonix technologies LTD.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
December 29, 2012 8:59:23 PM

BIOS updates must be obtained from the computer or motherboard manufacturer. The BIOS as supplied by Phoenix must be customized by the manufacturer to match your hardware. Any BIOS update must be a VERY close match for your hardware or your system will be unbootable. A failed BIOS update is potentially disastrous. In some cases the only recovery is physical replacement of the BIOS chips - if they are available

you would be better off getting a new mobo
m
l
December 29, 2012 10:20:17 PM

te100 said:
BIOS updates must be obtained from the computer or motherboard manufacturer. The BIOS as supplied by Phoenix must be customized by the manufacturer to match your hardware. Any BIOS update must be a VERY close match for your hardware or your system will be unbootable. A failed BIOS update is potentially disastrous. In some cases the only recovery is physical replacement of the BIOS chips - if they are available

you would be better off getting a new mobo

awwww maaaan i dont have any money to buy a new mobo. thxs for ur help tho.
m
l
!