Pre-order for new build

ih8bugz

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

I use it for gaming, bench testing other PC hardware, cad, my website, coding, etc. I need a good all around machine that will last me a while.

Go with a cheaper case (Storm Scout, Phantom, Dragon Slayer, even 912), a MUCH cheaper heatsink setup (212 EVO), 8gb RAM (Ripjaws X 1600), and skip the fan controller and sound card (the controller is practically useless, and you won't be able to hear the difference between a good mobo's sound and a cheap card). Who the heck gave you the idea to drop $200 on a water-cooling setup?
With the extra cash ($100 for the case, $165 for the heatsink, $45 for the RAM, $25 for the Xonar and $20 for the controller makes $355) you can do a 2500K and a nicer GPU. You have $320 to upgrade the GPU after the 2500K takes $30, so a $360 EVGA Superclocked 570 is well within your reach, plus some extra money in your pocket.

ih8bugz

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Thanx for the info, I was under the impression that I needed a very good cooling system for the overclocking not to cause damage to the system. There is likely to be a lot more tweaking, (hardware), with the testing that I do is the reason for the case. I thought this case would be easier to work on. As for the other suggestions I will definitely rework the system and go for that better processor.