Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 motherboard

andyman1

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice about this mobo. It has an hdmi socket which I connected to the hdmi socket on my Akai HD Ready 1080p digital LCD TV by means of an hdmi cable, but I cannot get any display. However, I have no problem getting a display using the VGA connection. I don't understand why this is because it should according to the TV manual. Can anyone tell me if I need to amend a setting in the PC's Bios ?
I would also appreciate any advice on choosing a compatible HD graphics card to get the best out of the few games that I occasionally play. and F1 2012 in particular. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cball1311

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Check your BIOS in the Advanced BIOS Features, then look for Init Display First and make sure it is set to OnChip VGA. Double check the display settings in Windows to make sure you are using a supported resolution for the TV. 1920x1080 should work.

For the graphics card, your budget range would help to narrow down a selection.

andyman1

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Thanks for solving the problem in getting the HDTV connection to work using a HDMI cable.
Regarding the graphics card, the price range is secondary to the ability of the card to allow F1 2012 to perform smoothly on the ultra high graphic settings.
However, this does not mean that money is no object, but I am prepared to pay whatever is costs to be able to run the game in the highest mode. I am already aware that there are a plethora of good HD graphics cards available that could do the job, but I need to ensure that I choose one which is compatible with my system, and I don't want to pay more than is necessary in order to achieve my objective.