Sign in with
Your question
Solved

These two ram sticks arent different besides color right?

Last response: in Memory
December 29, 2012 1:47:00 AM

Hey! I have a quick and easy question here that I pretty much know the answer too, I just want to double check!
I plan on buying more ram for my home built PC and I currently have 4GB of this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

BUT I was wondering if I got this one that there's a difference between the two besides color? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... all the specs are the same so they are basically the same stick and will work together, just different colors right?

Thanks!

More about : ram sticks arent color

Best solution

a b } Memory
December 29, 2012 1:53:01 AM

Yep, just color. :) 
a b } Memory
December 29, 2012 1:54:03 AM

To be precise, the model numbers are exactly the same except the blue version has an extra "B" at the end (presumably for "blue")
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2012 1:54:32 AM

Best answer selected by sadtrial.
m
l
December 29, 2012 1:54:48 AM

Thanks!
m
l
a b } Memory
December 29, 2012 1:55:55 AM

If you happen to look at the low profile version of those sticks, the White ones operate on a lower voltage(1.35).

Just a heads up for the future.
m
l
December 29, 2012 1:56:09 AM

Just wanted to make sure before I ordered and had to wait a week to get it just to see that they dont work together and have to send back and etc all the business haha
m
l
December 29, 2012 1:57:45 AM

nukemaster said:
If you happen to look at the low profile version of those sticks, the White ones operate on a lower voltage(1.35).

Just a heads up for the future.

Well I already have the system built and working for several months now but thanks for the tip :) 
m
l
a b } Memory
December 29, 2012 1:58:34 AM

In the future try to order sticks in sets of as many as you need just in case they switch the chips over time.

I have about a 99% success rate with mixed memory(and have a feeling you will be just fine). Its just that one time you know...
m
l
!