So my PSU cables aren't long enough... -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2l

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
So, I finally receive all of the parts to build my PC.. and as I'm putting everything together, I notice that the 4-Pin motherboard connector is just too short to reach the motherboard power socket. It's obvious I have to return this piece of garbage and buy a new one.

Can anyone suggest me a good power supply with cables that are longer then normal? I have a mid tower NZXT Source 210 Elite, where the PSU sits in the bottom of the case, and the 4-pin motherboard connector is literally all the way on the other side of the case.

My power supply is an Ultra 550W power supply with Dual 12V Rails.. and its cables aren't long enough.

Please help!

Thanks.

h2l

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
Actually, does anybody know if I can just get a cable adapter? Maybe something like a peripheral to 4-pin motherboard adapter cable? Something like that?

h2l

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012

Hey thanks for that link! I think I found a solution though!

Check it out:

http://www.altex.com/Motherboard-P4-12V-4-Pin-2x2-Power-Extension-Cable-12-POWER-P22-P144975.aspx

Can I just use this? It would work for me because my P4 MB cable is only short by maybe a quarter of an inch, plus this is a really good PSU and I'd rather not go through the hassle of shipping it back.

Or would the ATX - P4 cable be a better idea instead of just using an extension cable?

It will work they are both extensions!

Status
Not open for further replies.