Printing software

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 25, 2005 10:25:36 PM

Does it make any difference what software you use to print or do they all
feed the same information to the printer in the same way?

mike

More about : printing software

April 25, 2005 10:28:07 PM

When I first tried Q-Image, I tested and compared printing images using
other programs, and Q-Image was superior in every case.
DonB
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 10:31:32 PM

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:25:36 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "mike regish"
<mregish@comcast.net> wrote:

>Does it make any difference what software you use to print or do they all
>feed the same information to the printer in the same way?

Try Qimage yourself. Free demo available at http://ddisoftware.com/qimage
----------
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
April 26, 2005 12:03:36 AM

mike regish wrote:

> Does it make any difference what software you use to print

Yes, a bunch.

> or do they all
> feed the same information to the printer in the same way?

No, they don't.

Try Qimage, it's the best I've seen.

--

Stacey
April 26, 2005 6:33:06 AM

Hello,

You can try Print Pilot (http://www.colorpilot.com/print.html) the
program for organization of your photos on the page. It allows to move,
resize, rotate, and type titles for images.

You can change the size and proportions of the images and add text on
the paper. You will be able to save your project and use it in the
future. Print Pilot supports the following graphic formats: BMP, JPEG,
ICO, WMF, PNG, TIFF, PCX.

Print Pilot will be a simple and handy solution for those people who
print a lot of graphics. It allows you to print a number of different
images on the same page without having to keep feeding the page back
into the printer for each one.

You can download the trial version of the program from
http://www.colorpilot.com/load/prpil.exe

Best regards,

Olga Panchenko

Two Pilots
http://www.colorpilot.com
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 12:31:33 PM

mike regish wrote:
> Does it make any difference what software you use to print or do they all
> feed the same information to the printer in the same way?
>
> mike

It can make a difference. An obvious one is if you do any editing or
adjusting before you print. However, even printing may involve some
differences. While it is true that more and more the software merely
brings up option in the printer driver, there are still some software
packages that allow you to select options different than the printer
driver. However, one needs to be at a reasonable level of experience to
use options that override drivers.

If you are doing ANY resampling or resizing then the editor certainly
makes a difference.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 10:06:05 PM

What I'm wondering in particular is if I print the same file with different
programs, for instance I use PS5.5 and Vuepro, will there be any differences
in the print. All processing done ahead and then the same file printed with
different programs.

Don't know how to override drivers, and don't really want to. Bad things
tend to happen when I do stuff like that.

mike

"Don Stauffer" <stauffer@usfamily.net> wrote in message
> mike regish wrote:
>> Does it make any difference what software you use to print or do they all
>> feed the same information to the printer in the same way?
>>
>> mike
> It can make a difference. An obvious one is if you do any editing or
> adjusting before you print. However, even printing may involve some
> differences. While it is true that more and more the software merely
> brings up option in the printer driver, there are still some software
> packages that allow you to select options different than the printer
> driver. However, one needs to be at a reasonable level of experience to
> use options that override drivers.
>
> If you are doing ANY resampling or resizing then the editor certainly
> makes a difference.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 10:12:50 PM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:06:05 -0400, in rec.photo.digital "mike regish"
<mregish@comcast.net> wrote:

>What I'm wondering in particular is if I print the same file with different
>programs, for instance I use PS5.5 and Vuepro, will there be any differences
>in the print. All processing done ahead and then the same file printed with
>different programs.

It depends what you mean by all processing done. Do you resample your
images to achieve the desired PPI out prior to printing or do just let the
program or print driver scale the image to your desired output size?
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at