No audio through HDMI

braien334

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Hello, my problem is that when I connect my HDMI cable to my graphics card(Radeon HD3650), the picture shows up just right, but the problem is the audio.
I have tried all kinds of different drivers, different OS's etc.
In device manager there's a yellow box on the High-defenition audio, tried downloading drivers through that, still no help.

Now reading on the internet, could the problem be my motherboard? I read that older motherboards don't support the HDMI-audio since the pci-bus can't deal with 2 actions, showing the picture and playing the audio.
Motherboard: Asus P5GDC Deluxe.

IMO. Get into the BIOS and disable Onboard Audio altogether.
Then uninstall the device that has the yellow box on it, scan for Hardware Changes in the Device manager itself and let Windows Configure the HDMI Audio device.
Select it later as your primary Audio Device from the Sound Icon In the Taskbar and see if you get the Audio going through.

braien334

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Sorry for late response.
It did not help.

There's also this text in device manager:
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use(code12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Are you trying a dvd or blu ray? The 3650 will do compressed 5.1 channel audio, but not trueHD or hd master audio. It should work with a dvd, but not blu ray.

Also, wich software are you using, may need to select the proper audio device, may be trying to play through the sound card only.

braien334

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

Both, the graphics card and the hdmi audio which has the exclamation mark are using pci bus 4.

I'm trying files from my hdd.

braien334

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I'm not sure.
But what does the file have to do with the exclamation mark in device manager?
My point is that why ask questions like if I am using the correct connector, or what file type etc.

Those 2 questions about the file type and the connector are not relevant since one comes before the Exclamation mark and one comes after. The problem is the conflict that you're getting at the hardware level that's why you're seeing the exclamation mark, in it's properties, you'll see, that device manager will tell you " This device has been switched off"
I know both the devices are on the same PCI Bus since they're both on the same card you've not found out the IRQs that are conflicting.

Idonno

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I have an old dell dimension 4700 with an AMD HD 5750 hooked up through HDMI to one of my TV's. I can only use one audio devise at a time, another-wards if you are using your onboard or sound card your HDMI won't work and vice-versa.

You can only use one at a time. Go into control panel and select HDMI as your default audio device if that doesn't work disable your onboard and/or sound card in devise manager and it should work. :sol:

Read the second post in this thread, it already says what you are saying.

For all the other posts here, people, for god sake stop harping on file types and audio track type, dvd or bluray or 5.1 or just freaking 1 speaker. All that doesn't make a damn difference when the Audio Device itself is in conflict.

Please try to help only if you understand the problem and not take pot shots at solving the problem.

@OP
IRQ & PCI Bus are different.... Check again, I'm asking for the common IRQ which is being used by two or three devices on the rig and shared by that PCI bus device.

Idonno

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011

There are certainly similarity's. However my post is still quite a bit different and it is exactly what has worked for me under similar circumstances. Your post is not.

But feel free to post whatever you think might help the OP.

I know I do. :sol:

braien334

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

Sorry for late response again.

Maybe i'm seeing wrong, but I see no other devices use the same IRQ as the videocard.
It's using "4294967294", none other are using the same
A very weird IRQ.
That's in system information, in Device manager, it's "-2".

braien334

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
You can see that one of the High Defenition Audio controllers is using same irq as other components, but I think it's the integrated audio.
device_manager.jpg

But that's the only HD audio i see under there.
Integrated audio:
on_board.jpg

GFXcard audio:
gfx.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts