Asus ENGTX580 DirectCU II SLI Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoncar

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
Hi,

I've just recently purchased a new system and am unable to setup sli, there is no SLI Configuration section in the NVidia control panel.

CPU: i7 2600K
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000
GPUs: 2x Asus ENGTX580 DirectCU II

Both cards display in device manager and SmartDoctor
Screens connected in both cards work.
Switch cards between slots makes no difference.

There does not appear to be any cards on the motherboard to turn around and no jumpers to switch.
Checked the motherboard bios and no SLI setting to enable.
I have tried both the sli cable which came with the motherboard and one which came with the graphics cards.
All power connections have been made.

I have updated the motherboard drivers from the gigabyte website and the graphics card drivers from the asus website and still the SLI configuration is not avaliable in the NVidia Control Panel does anyone know how to get the SLI working?

One thing I have noticed is that the sli cable going between the cards appears connected but is slightly loose, is this normally a tight fitting connection? Also there is a gap between the end of the connector on the sli cable and bottom of the sli pin connectors on the graphics card (pins are fully covered) is this correct?

dragoncar

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
Looks like I've been able to answer my own question.

Basically I shouldn't have assumed that the drivers which came with the card and the latest from the Asus website would actually handle setting these two cards up in SLI.

I got the latest drivers off the nvidia website 280.26 and the SLI option now appears in the NVidia control panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.