Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Push Pull fan set up help

Last response: in CPUs
February 22, 2012 9:36:49 PM

Hi there,
I just bought a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo and I found that I can use a second fan with it for even more cooling potential. I have an extra 120mm fan lying around so I want to add this second fan but Im an amateur computer builder so I have no idea how to set up a push pull configuration. How do I even make sure that I am pushing with one and pulling with the other. If someone could post the steps on how to do this or give any insight that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help in advance!

More about : push pull fan set

Best solution

a b à CPUs
February 22, 2012 9:45:30 PM

Look at the side of the fans. You will see two arrow: one for rotation and one for air flow. Make sure that air flow is moving in the same direction when you mount the two fans (usually to the back of the case).

I believe that you want fans with similar rpm and cfm numbers for optimal cooling though.
February 22, 2012 10:03:40 PM

Thanks, found those little arrows. So now my next question is what the hell is cfm? Is that something to do with the volume of air that the fan moves? I have two Cooler Master Sickleflow fans on the way from Newegg. I was going to use one on the cpu cooler and the other in my case tho now that you've said that Im wondering if I should use both of them on the cooler. Thoughts?
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 22, 2012 10:25:46 PM

Cubic Feet per Minute; its a measure of how much air is displaced by the fan.

Just use the two new on the cooler and use the old cooler one in the case :) 
m
l
February 22, 2012 11:45:21 PM

Thanks for the help, I looked up the sickleflows and it actually says on them that they work well with the Hyper 212 Evo. Again, thanks for the help.
m
l
February 22, 2012 11:45:53 PM

Best answer selected by thisisthename.
m
l
!