70GB used after Fresh Install?

PowerMan572

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I just built a new gaming system and I bought the Intel 330 Series 120GB SSD hard drive. I had an OCZ before this, and after fresh install I would maybe have 20GB used.

Intel's SSD (it's a SATA3) is telling me I'ved used 70GB already! What's going on? This can't be right! I just booted the computer and this is a brand new HD from NewEgg.

I'm using the Asrock Z77 Extreme4 motherboard.

Thanks!

scorpinock2

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
hmmmm well I'm not sure but on old magnetic drives the data was never precise but that would not be the case of SSDs. Windows formatting usually takes away about 1 to 10 GB for backup and recovery partitioning, and 20 gb for formatting but still, that would only be 40 to 50GB used up. I would reformat and reinstall one more time.

vahn0100

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
Another thing you have to look at is the page file. More than likely, it set up a HUGE page file. You can easily change the size of this without having to to reinstall, so i would check it first.
start>right-click "my computer" and click properties>click advanced system settings>click settings under performance>go to advanced tab. Under advanced look at virtual memory and look what the size is.