PSP Memory Stick.

I already got a 1GB card for use in my camera, will it work in a PSP?

It's a Sandisk Memory Stick Pro (the fullsize one, not the short stubby
ones used in Sony/Ericsson phones)

This One >

http://www.internetcamcordersdirect.co.uk/sandisk-1gb-memory-stick-pro-accessory.htm

Thanks,
6 answers Last reply
More about memory stick

    "Black Shuck" <mark.gillespie@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I already got a 1GB card for use in my camera, will it work in a PSP?
    >
    > It's a Sandisk Memory Stick Pro (the fullsize one, not the short stubby
    > ones used in Sony/Ericsson phones)
    >
    > This One >
    >
    > http://www.internetcamcordersdirect.co.uk/sandisk-1gb-memory-stick-pro-accessory.htm
    >
    > Thanks,

    I completely and utterly despise Sony for producing the Memory Stick format.

    SD cards do exactly the same thing, but are cheaper, smaller and used in
    more products... So, of course, Sony decides to produce Memory Sticks and
    hike up the price.

    I'm not buying a PSP just because of this one display of incredible
    arrogance.

    Black Shuck wrote:
    > I already got a 1GB card for use in my camera, will it work in a PSP?
    >
    > It's a Sandisk Memory Stick Pro (the fullsize one, not the short
    stubby
    > ones used in Sony/Ericsson phones)
    >
    > This One >

    http://www.internetcamcordersdirect.co.uk/sandisk-1gb-memory-stick-pro-accessory.htm

    You can but it is a bit of a clunky hack. There is a Memory
    Stick-to-Duo adapter for Ericson cell phones and it can be used. It
    ends up being an external package which would be kind of troublesome to
    carry around with it connected but it seems conceivable that it could
    be carried separately and just plugged in when wanted.
    This is from the guy that found this out and tried it (as he notes, the
    memory stick hatch can be closed with it plugged in):

    http://www.psp-vault.com/Article63.psp

    It might be better to spring for a 1GB Duo and get the Duo-to-stick
    adapter to use it with your camera. Sell the original Memory Stick off
    on Ebay.

    "Black Shuck" <mark.gillespie@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I already got a 1GB card for use in my camera, will it work in a PSP?
    >
    > It's a Sandisk Memory Stick Pro (the fullsize one, not the short stubby
    > ones used in Sony/Ericsson phones)

    No it has to be the short stubby one, sorry. get the Duo.

    "Richard Strong" <richard.strong@ntl'remove'world.com> wrote in message

    > I completely and utterly despise Sony for producing the Memory Stick
    > format.
    >
    > SD cards do exactly the same thing, but are cheaper, smaller and used in
    > more products... So, of course, Sony decides to produce Memory Sticks and
    > hike up the price.
    >
    > I'm not buying a PSP just because of this one display of incredible
    > arrogance.

    So you would not buy an Olympus of Fujifilm camera then because of the
    latest cards they use?

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    > "Richard Strong" <richard.strong@ntl'remove'world.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I completely and utterly despise Sony for producing the Memory Stick
    >> format.
    >>
    >> SD cards do exactly the same thing, but are cheaper, smaller and used in
    >> more products... So, of course, Sony decides to produce Memory Sticks and
    >> hike up the price.
    >>
    >> I'm not buying a PSP just because of this one display of incredible
    >> arrogance.
    >
    > So you would not buy an Olympus of Fujifilm camera then because of the
    > latest cards they use?

    I've seen a 1GB SD card for 42.99 and a Sony 1GB Memory Stick for 129.99. So
    no, I wouldn't buy anything that used Memory Sticks.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    >> So you would not buy an Olympus of Fujifilm camera then because of the
    >> latest cards they use?
    >>

    > I've seen a 1GB SD card for 42.99 and a Sony 1GB Memory Stick for 129.99.
    > So no, I wouldn't buy anything that used Memory Sticks.

    Olympus and Fujifilm don't use memory sticks. But they do use a new type of
    card called XD. They are quite expensive, probably more than memory sticks.

Console Gaming PlayStation Memory Video Games