FLINTSTONE

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
Can anyone get a SBLive MP3+ to finish loading on a KT7-RAID with an 1100 Athlon or thereabouts? I get to the windows me "noise" and then an instant freeze, tight as a drum. Raid config @ striping mode w/2 30.7 gig ata100 drives. Is it the HPT chip preventing the complete boot or what. HELP

FLINTSTONE

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
The computer boots and runs just fine w/o the sound card!! It loads apps like winzip and runs them just fine(drivers in zip files!). Add the sound card and it is ignored in the boot by windows, but in device mgr it sees a sound device. When trying to load the drivers from the supplied disk from creative, the machine locks up when loading drivers, never to make it through another boot until I format and start over.

Jarablue

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think you have to disable the dos sb16 driver that loads at boot. I think there is a problem with that and raid. Call Creative Tech support to find out how to disable it.

In the immortal word's of Bob Marley, "Let's get together and feel alllright..."

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Man, I feel sorry fo ya, but the thing is that I am able to run MX300 on KT7 which is unreal, so you should run Live! without problems. Dont load any extra settings in the bios.
Put it on the bios default. When you are setting up yer drivers for the sound, make sure it will not set the sb16 thing. Usually the procedure is this: unzip sound driver into the directory (folder), plug yer sound card in the PC, boot, point windows to that directory when it prompts you for the drivers. When windows boot, make sure emulation for the SB16 is disabled in the device manager.
If any problem, try to switch PCI slots... hehe

its not too late yet... :smile: