Adding new screen saver

How and where do I add a new screen saver for I can select from the
display-screen saver menu?

Hi

Put the new screensaver file (.SCR) into the %systemroot%\system32 folder.
You then should be able to see the screesaver in the drop down menu.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Tony Lee" <Tony Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How and where do I add a new screen saver for I can select from the
> display-screen saver menu?

| "Tony Lee" <Tony Lee@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Message news:5032770B-A3AF-4BBE-A8A1-936BC0DBE593@microsoft.com
| How and where do I add a new screen saver for I can select from
| the display-screen saver menu?

In addition to putting the screen saver file in the folder:
%SYSTEMROOT%\system32, as "Will Denny" wrote...

You may need to right-click the *.scr file and select Install.
And if that does not solve the problem try renaming the *.scr
file using a short file name (8dot3 with no extended characters).

Note. You can quickly open the folder: %SYSTEMROOT%\system32
by clicking Start, clicking Run, typing the following command and
clicking OK:

Shell:System