Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

[Prebuilt] What do you think of this build for mostly gaming?

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 21, 2011 11:05:06 PM

Hello, here is my build, mainly for gaming. Just looking for any advice that people may have. This is my first build.

Case
* CoolerMaster CM Storm Scout - $99

Memory
* G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 - $55

CPU
* Intel Core i5 2500K - $225

Keyboard
* Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard - $85

Mouse
* Gigabyte M6900 Optical Gaming Mouse - $26

VGA
* Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570 Super Overclock 1280MB - $419

Motherboard
* ASRock Z68 Fatal1ty Professional Gen3 - $255

Optical Drive
* Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW OEM - $29

Storage
* Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB HD103SJ - $139

PSU
* Corsair HX-850 Power Supply - $219

Total comes to $1'551 Australian. I am willing to go up to around $2000. Thanks for your input!

More about : prebuilt build gaming

a c 228 4 Gaming
November 21, 2011 11:47:29 PM

-I'd get the Antec Illusion over the Scout

-I'd take the low profile Corsair vengeance over the GSkill

-I'd get a MoBo w/ a 3 year warranty.

-I'd get the new hybrid 560/570 to be known as the 560-448 .... but ya gotta wait 8 more days.
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/21520/nvidia_s_geforce_gt...
m
0
l
November 22, 2011 4:23:13 AM

JackNaylorPE said:
-I'd get the Antec Illusion over the Scout

-I'd take the low profile Corsair vengeance over the GSkill

-I'd get a MoBo w/ a 3 year warranty.

-I'd get the new hybrid 560/570 to be known as the 560-448 .... but ya gotta wait 8 more days.
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/21520/nvidia_s_geforce_gt...


-Is there any major difference between the Corsair and Vengeance?

-The ASRock Fata1ity Professional Gen3 comes with a 3 year warranty.

-The Antec Illusion is appealing, but I like the CM Storm Scout's red/black theme, as it goes with most of my gear (even though thats not really important).

-As far as I can see, there is no real difference between the GTX 570 and GTX 560 Ti 448.

Thanks for your help though.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 22, 2011 11:34:18 PM

the HAF 922 case looks sweet too. (red/black)
what about a SSD for window and games?
m
0
l
November 23, 2011 8:36:43 AM

coldest said:
the HAF 922 case looks sweet too. (red/black)
what about a SSD for window and games?


Yeah, the HAF does look sick. An SSD is probably a good idea, although it means I'll need more money. Any recommendations for good SSDs?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 23, 2011 11:19:05 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
-I'd get the Antec Illusion over the Scout

-I'd take the low profile Corsair vengeance over the GSkill

-I'd get a MoBo w/ a 3 year warranty.

-I'd get the new hybrid 560/570 to be known as the 560-448 .... but ya gotta wait 8 more days.
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/21520/nvidia_s_geforce_gt...



The link didn't work for me, but google found this "NVIDIA Upgrading GTX 560 to 448 CUDA Cores?" http://pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-Upgrading-G... neat.
m
0
l
November 24, 2011 9:13:21 AM

tsnor said:
The link didn't work for me, but google found this "NVIDIA Upgrading GTX 560 to 448 CUDA Cores?" http://pcper.com/news/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-Upgrading-G... neat.


The GTX 570 still seems like a better choice for me at the moment, especially as it will be a while before I consider SLI. I guess it all depends on the price range of the new card. I'll have to wait and see before I make a decision.
m
0
l
November 24, 2011 9:21:16 AM

JackNaylorPE said:
-I'd take the low profile Corsair vengeance over the GSkill


The Ripjaws have a lower profile then Vengeance.
m
0
l

Best solution

November 24, 2011 9:24:54 AM

rutteja said:
-Is there any major difference between the Corsair and Vengeance?


No but the G skills has a lower profile than the Corsair so it will fit under more CPU coolers.

rutteja said:
The GTX 570 still seems like a better choice for me at the moment, especially as it will be a while before I consider SLI. I guess it all depends on the price range of the new card. I'll have to wait and see before I make a decision.


IMOH I would get the 570. The re branded 560 AFAIK is just to get rid of excess stock that Nvidia have.

Share
November 25, 2011 1:39:28 AM

Best answer selected by rutteja.
m
0
l
November 25, 2011 1:40:42 AM

Gothams Finest said:
No but the G skills has a lower profile than the Corsair so it will fit under more CPU coolers.



IMOH I would get the 570. The re branded 560 AFAIK is just to get rid of excess stock that Nvidia have.


I guess we'll see once it comes out.
m
0
l
!