Korea to get PSP Network Utility UMD

The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader and
other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become widely
available at that time.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html
6 answers Last reply
More about korea network utility

    "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
    > a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader and
    > other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become widely
    > available at that time.
    >
    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html

    Ah I just posted about this elsewhere. Certainly looks interesting and the
    sort of thing to come out in the rest of the world. They will test the
    water with S. Korea and see if it takes off.

    "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
    > a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader and
    > other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become widely
    > available at that time.
    >
    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html

    Hey I just noticed - S.Korea launch of PSP on May 2nd.
    WHAT ABOUT EUROPE!!!!
    Dirty scumming Sony liars. They declined a Europe launch so there would be
    enough units for America, yet all of a sudden can conjure up units for
    elsewhere.

    Beck wrote:

    > "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
    > > a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader and
    > > other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become widely
    > > available at that time.
    > >
    > > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html
    >
    > Hey I just noticed - S.Korea launch of PSP on May 2nd.
    > WHAT ABOUT EUROPE!!!!
    > Dirty scumming Sony liars. They declined a Europe launch so there would be
    > enough units for America, yet all of a sudden can conjure up units for
    > elsewhere.

    Korea is very tech forward; it's also a more limited size market than
    Europe as a whole. That makes them a concentrated market of users likely
    to support the system strongly that can be sufficiently supplied right
    now in a single language, needing only a single language for ads, etc.

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:16:49 +0000, Ted wrote:

    > Beck wrote:
    >>
    >> "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> > The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
    >> > a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader and
    >> > other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become widely
    >> > available at that time.
    >> >
    >> > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html
    >>
    >> Hey I just noticed - S.Korea launch of PSP on May 2nd.
    >> WHAT ABOUT EUROPE!!!!
    >> Dirty scumming Sony liars. They declined a Europe launch so there would be
    >> enough units for America, yet all of a sudden can conjure up units for
    >> elsewhere.
    >
    > Korea is very tech forward; it's also a more limited size market than
    > Europe as a whole. That makes them a concentrated market of users likely
    > to support the system strongly that can be sufficiently supplied right
    > now in a single language, needing only a single language for ads, etc.

    Many Koreans are not very fond of anything that comes out of
    Japan.

    Blig Merk wrote:

    > The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
    > a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader
    > and other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become
    > widely available at that time.
    >
    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html

    Korea always gets the coolest tech first, especially when it comes to
    wireless. But if this makes it to the rest of the world, it'll be sooooo
    frickin' cool.

    You're three for three Bliggy. You go girl!

    -Z-
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

    So if it comes with a network utility UMD, I guess you will have to have the
    UMD in the psp in order to use the web browser? I wonder if this is what
    sony will make us buy, or if it will be a free firmware upgrade?

    "Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > The Korean PSP launch will include a Network Utility UMD that provides
    > a full web browser, on demand video, on demand music, e-book reader and
    > other features. It seems reasonable that this UMD will become widely
    > available at that time.
    >
    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121153.html

Console Gaming PlayStation Video Video Games