Sign in with
Your question

New budget PC getting stop error 101

Last response: in CPUs
February 23, 2012 1:04:38 AM

I bought this package for my wifes mother:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?I...

Ive never dealt with these APUs and right after win 7 64 bit ultimate installation i got a stop error 101. From that point on my win 7 was not even loading said problem initializing ect so I reinstalled and it did it again. From the surface, any suggestions? I thought i would just flash the bios but I didnt want to try that just yet. Thanks in advance

More about : budget stop error 101

a c 78 à CPUs
February 23, 2012 1:23:20 AM

did you install the os on another computer before this one
m
l
February 23, 2012 6:37:48 AM

Yes, does it sound like the OS is bugged out?
m
l
Related resources
February 23, 2012 7:39:52 PM

I did put in some spare ram i had laying around because the ram that was on order with the package did not come in, maybe compatibility issues?

ok got the ram in the mail and still getting errors on xp and win7 anyone?

xp is giving a generic disk read error so maybe the seagate hdd is bad?
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 23, 2012 11:41:19 PM

Windows x101 error is a multi-core CPU error, something about a clock interrupt not being recieved if I recall correctly. This typically means one of two things, up your CPU voltage a bit, reseat your CPU, or you've got a bad CPU core. If you just built it I'd go for option 2, then 1, then RMA.
m
l
February 24, 2012 12:18:30 AM

When u say up the voltage a bit what do u mean exactly? Its all on stock settings so I dont know where it should be nor do I know what is a "bit" lol. Just to be sure u know....shoot me a number.
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
February 24, 2012 1:02:35 AM

do what 87ninefiveone tell you rma the cpu
m
l
a b à CPUs
February 24, 2012 3:15:25 PM

You can probably leave your voltage at the AUTO setting, but often times in the BIOS there will be a setting that says something like VDroop or Voltage Droop and this should be set to low so that the CPU is fed a constant voltage under load instead of lowering or drooping a bit which can cause this error. If that doesn't work you may need to manually set your voltage in the BIOS, we can provide a recomendation on that, but we'll need to know what CPU you have first.
m
l
!