This is happening to me about twice an hour.

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
3qJfh.jpg

I'm not really doing anything to stress it out either, just web browsing.
Any ideas?

This is caused by a buggy video driver try updating the driver or reinstalling the one that came with the graphics card if it is the latest driver that is causing the problem. This problem can also occur if you are using a very slow CPU like a AMD 2700 XP particularly in Vista.

HughAkston

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Hello,
for over a year I have been having trouble with the nvlddmkm.sys Bluescreen, that is, the Nvidia graphics driver crashing and freezing the system. Usually this happens to me shortly after entering Windows, within 5-10 mins. Its with a GTX 470 card on a i7 system and a Gigabyte X58 UD5 board. Funny thing is, my system has been returned to the retailer twice, and they are not getting this issue. Furthermore, they have cheked all hardware components, the system is fine, it is clearly some driver conflict.

My question to you guys is: Is it possible that the bluescreens are caused by me using a DVI-D cable on a DVI-I port? My graphics card is a GTX 470. THe problem has gotten worse for me with the latest driver versions (275.33 and 280.26), but again, the tech support from my retailer is NOT getting this issue on the same system, while I am getting it constantly (several times a day). I suspect the only thing that could be different is that they are using a DVI-I cable and I am not. Unfortunately they are very slow in responding to my inquiries, so instead I am asking here. Is anybody familiar with such a weird issue?

Please note: I have already ruled out all other facts (graphics card malfunction, mainboard or memory malfunction, PSU etc., also the system has ben reformatted with clean install of drivers and so forth many many times).

HughAkston

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
hey, I am getting the same issue, except in my case, when I see this message it usually is of little consequence and windows will keep running fine. thing is, most of the time my system will not even show me this message but instead completely freeze and give me a BSOD with the nvlddmkm.sys indicated as causing the crash.... I have been dealing with this for over a year and I dont know whats causing it...

did you happen to recently upgrade to the 280.26 driver? because my issue has gotten WAY worse since i did it.