Mobile browsing via BlueTooth

Last response: in Technologies
April 6, 2005 3:19:06 PM

Is it possible to connect to the intenet from a mobile, via BlueTooth to a
PC ?
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 11:42:50 PM

"SA" <reply@group.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to connect to the intenet from a mobile, via BlueTooth to a
> PC ?

Depending on your mobile phone, if it offers the DUN profile, yes. Check the
Bluetooth Guides (link in my sig) for instructions.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Anonymous
April 8, 2005 2:23:13 PM

> Is it possible to connect to the intenet from a mobile, via BlueTooth to a
> PC ?

Depends on what you're asking here.

Can you use your phone to connect your PC to the internet via GPRS? Yes,
the phone will need a Modem profile on it.

Can you use your PC's network connection to the internet (ethernet, dsl,
cable, etc) to allow the phone to surf the net? Not all phones have the
necessary bits to do this properly. Namely, my new 6630 completely lacks
this ability and it seems nokia deliberately left it out.

So yes, it can work but depends on 'which way' you need to go.

Be aware that PC network traffic uses A HECK OF A LOT OF PACKETS. Make sure
you on an unlimited plan for GPRS before you experiment with it. Otherwise
you're in for a nasty shock when your next bill comes.
!