Please help slowed over time

davisonbrah

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
Hi guys, usually this place has helped me so much with the problems ive had i figured id come here to see about advice on fixing a current problem before ripping my pc apart. So the problem is i can turn my pc on and play games for a while but say i walk away for a few hours and come back my games will be very laggy like almost like skipping around and a restart will fix the problem. Sometimes i can be playin fine on a good 2 hour session then a restart will be needed and u can forget aobut leaving the pc on overnight and coming back to play. Does this sound like an easy fix? could it be memory..mostly i play league of legends and it drives me crazy i cant figure it out. A buddy suggested maybe my memory is bad..but im not sure? Any help would be great anything u guys need to know thta will help just please post and ill let u know to the best of my ability. thx

G

Do you need to restart the game? or the computer?

If restarting the game fixes the problem, then its the game that has a memory leak, no fix on your end, developers need to fix that

If you quit the game and the computer is slow, then there is an application that has a memory leak.
In that case press the start button, click run (xp) or type "msconfig" (vista/7), click the startup tab, click the disable all button, enable only what you really need (anti-virus should be the only thing), click ok, restart, see what happens

davisonbrah

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
i need to restart the whole pc not just the game..if i disable aall is that safe? i guess it cant hurt to try but really on start up i only have my razor mouse and nvidia controll panel that i can see in the task trey. is there anyway i can find out what has a mem leak? if i check processes when it starts acting up and see what is hogging mem?

G

You can disable them all safely, and reenable them later on.

And yes, you can check in the task manager, under the processes tab. Sort them by cpu usage first, look for anything high, and if nothing then sort by memory usage and look for anything extremely high.