XFX HD 5850 GSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

matrix0683

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I am facing Grey Screen of Death issue with the XFX HD 5850, there is no fixed pattern to it and it happens anytime i play a game. I have also encountered some ghosting on my desktop and once when i encountered GSOD upon reboot I got the error " Hyper Transport sync flood error occurred on last boot." I also have a spare Saphhire HD 5670 and there are no such issues with the card. Is there some hardware issue with my 5850 or is it something else. Please advise.

Solution
I'd say your card is dying. Make sure to blow out the heatsink with compressed air to prevent overheating. If that doesn't work, then it's time to use that warranty.

matrix0683

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

I am using Corsair VX450 which is one week old. There are no power sucking devices , just one optical drive and one hard drive. No overclocking. I think the issue could be with the gfx card, i do not have another machine where I can test the card.

matrix0683

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

I have blown compressed air through heatsink. Run the fan at 90% and the gpu temp stays around 55-60 C at load. GSOD is also an issue while running Furmark.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

That is a relatively weak PSU for a HD5850. While spec-wise, it may meet the minimum requirements, it may not be producing its rated capacity under load (like when gaming). If it were me, I would look at improving my PSU, regardless, for long term stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.