Sign in with
Your question
Closed

XFX HD 5850 GSOD

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 25, 2011 5:29:56 PM

I am facing Grey Screen of Death issue with the XFX HD 5850, there is no fixed pattern to it and it happens anytime i play a game. I have also encountered some ghosting on my desktop and once when i encountered GSOD upon reboot I got the error " Hyper Transport sync flood error occurred on last boot." I also have a spare Saphhire HD 5670 and there are no such issues with the card. Is there some hardware issue with my 5850 or is it something else. Please advise.

More about : xfx 5850 gsod

Best solution

a c 106 U Graphics card
September 25, 2011 7:04:26 PM

I'd say your card is dying. Make sure to blow out the heatsink with compressed air to prevent overheating. If that doesn't work, then it's time to use that warranty.
a c 227 U Graphics card
September 25, 2011 7:08:41 PM

This also be an issue with the PSU (power supply). What make/model of PSU are you using and how old is it?
Score
Related resources
September 25, 2011 7:36:48 PM

COLGeek said:
This also be an issue with the PSU (power supply). What make/model of PSU are you using and how old is it?

I am using Corsair VX450 which is one week old. There are no power sucking devices , just one optical drive and one hard drive. No overclocking. I think the issue could be with the gfx card, i do not have another machine where I can test the card.
Score
September 25, 2011 7:38:39 PM

megamanx00 said:
I'd say your card is dying. Make sure to blow out the heatsink with compressed air to prevent overheating. If that doesn't work, then it's time to use that warranty.

I have blown compressed air through heatsink. Run the fan at 90% and the gpu temp stays around 55-60 C at load. GSOD is also an issue while running Furmark.
Score
a c 227 U Graphics card
September 25, 2011 7:59:08 PM

matrix0683 said:
I am using Corsair VX450 which is one week old. There are no power sucking devices , just one optical drive and one hard drive. No overclocking. I think the issue could be with the gfx card, i do not have another machine where I can test the card.

That is a relatively weak PSU for a HD5850. While spec-wise, it may meet the minimum requirements, it may not be producing its rated capacity under load (like when gaming). If it were me, I would look at improving my PSU, regardless, for long term stability.
Score
October 2, 2011 7:01:25 AM

Best answer selected by matrix0683.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
October 2, 2011 8:36:17 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!