PSU for Dell Studio Slim 540s? Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xjshock

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
hey guys :eek:

my dell studio 540s psu recently died i need a 550w but which psu? is mines a micro atx or atx?

computer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRk5zgQxK4Y

( PSU at 1:16 and how it looks like is at 1:57 bottom right of the screen)

As you can see the power supply is really small, and compared to the regular power supplies i see in stores its way to big, it looks like it cannot fit! I dont know which one to buy, my recent PSU's watt is 250, i installed a new card which is a hd5570. SO this is probably the reason why i am having an steady amber/orange light, my psu died.

bottom line, what PSU 550w should i buy that can fit in this computer? :) ty

Solution

For a system using a single Radeon HD 5570 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 18 Amps or greater.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT a crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

The Seasonic SS-300TFX, with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 21 Amps, is sufficient to power your system with a single Radeon HD 5570.

Xjshock

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

Xjshock

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012

sweet man thanks, would be getting this. Is there only 300W? i cant seem to find a 500w one, hey atleast its seasonic@

For a system using a single Radeon HD 5570 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 400 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 18 Amps or greater.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT a crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

The Seasonic SS-300TFX, with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 21 Amps, is sufficient to power your system with a single Radeon HD 5570.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.