Your question

Random restarting without BSOD

Tags:
  • Memory
  • RAM
  • Blue Screen
Last response: in Memory
December 29, 2012 6:53:51 PM

So I just got my new 8GB of ram today which are the corsiar vengence 2 sticks of 4 GB I put them in beside my other ram from crucial it all was working good but then suddenly restarted whilst watching a film it was ok whilst i played games on high graphics, I don't know what to do it now keeps restarting.

I have a hd 6670 graphics card
600w psu
Gigabyte 970A ds3 motherboard
Amd fx 6 core processor black edition

More about : random restarting bsod

a c 128 } Memory
December 29, 2012 7:08:06 PM

Try the new set without the old ram; they may not run well together. Mixing ram is hit or miss.
December 29, 2012 7:26:08 PM

o1die said:
Try the new set without the old ram; they may not run well together. Mixing ram is hit or miss.

Now my PC wont turn on at all, could it be my psu?
Related resources
a c 128 } Memory
December 29, 2012 7:34:44 PM

No. I doubt it. One ram stick may not be seated; try reinstalling again.
December 29, 2012 7:44:03 PM

o1die said:
No. I doubt it. One ram stick may not be seated; try reinstalling again.

Doesn't turn on with the new or old ram
a c 128 } Memory
December 29, 2012 9:25:11 PM

Try pulling out the board battery for one minute with the power supply unplugged. Use just one pair of ram; maybe it will post. Did you overclock the cpu before?
December 30, 2012 9:51:28 AM

o1die said:
Try pulling out the board battery for one minute with the power supply unplugged. Use just one pair of ram; maybe it will post. Did you overclock the cpu before?

Still didn't work :(  shall I order a new PSU?
December 30, 2012 11:15:25 AM

Are all connectors plugged correctly? It could be motherboard was not compatible with the new RAM and by using the new incompatible RAM it damaged the motherboard and your screwed.. But that's just the worst case scenario.. :p  How old is your system?
December 30, 2012 3:44:01 PM

Not old at all, I've upgraded it over a few years but all the core components are good and new all the connectors are in solid. It's seriously stressing me out so I really appreciate all the support I've got :) 
!