Anybody play Twisted Metal for the PSP online yet?

Using the infrastructure mode? I only have a wired network in my house so I
have yet to try it. I've tried to connect at work because of the wireless
network there and I can connect using the network settings in the regular PSP
menu but when I try to play a game it says it has a connection problem. I
suspect its because the company blocks any game playing on the network.
Wondering what I need to get at home to allow for connection to internet. I
would love to be able to buy something cheap to allow for wireless connection
without having to buy a wireless router and also the adapter cards for my pc
and any other devices I have. Any ideas?

On 3/29/2005 2:57 AM, MS#1Fanboy-JoJo spake thusly:

> I've tried to connect at work because of the wireless
> network there and I can connect using the network settings in the regular PSP
> menu but when I try to play a game it says it has a connection problem.

I don't think the problem is on your end, as it seems like lots of people
are having the same problem. I was just trying this at home this morning,
and I kept on getting connection problems if I spent more than a few seconds
in a game lobby (I was sitting six feet from my wireless router so it wasn't
signal issues). Ditto if I created a game and people started to join the
lobby. But if I joined the lobby of a game in progress and immediately
jumped into the game, it was fine. I actually had a couple of really wicked
games against three other players.

I don't know what the problem is, but I hope someone comes up with a fix.
Aside from the fact you can't chat with other players without stopping and
using the PSP's gimpy excuse for a keyboard interface, multiplayer is a
blast.

> would love to be able to buy something cheap to allow for wireless connection
> without having to buy a wireless router and also the adapter cards for my pc
> and any other devices I have. Any ideas?

If you have a wired router you should be able to buy a wireless bridge for
it, they must be fairy cheap now. Basically it just plugs into a free port
on your router and gives you a wireless access point. Even if you decide to
get a wireless router you shouldn't need any cards for your PC -- just plug
your PC into the router directly with a cable.

-Z-

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> Using the infrastructure mode? I only have a wired network in my house so
> have yet to try it. I've tried to connect at work because of the wireless
> network there and I can connect using the network settings in the regular
> PSP
> menu but when I try to play a game it says it has a connection problem. I
> suspect its because the company blocks any game playing on the network.
> Wondering what I need to get at home to allow for connection to internet.
> would love to be able to buy something cheap to allow for wireless
> connection
> without having to buy a wireless router and also the adapter cards for my
> pc
> and any other devices I have. Any ideas?

You can buy a wireless access point which plugs into your router. Check out
online some computer stores and see what they have.
Check the wireless faq here...
http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/psp_wireless.txt

In article <BE6EE0E6.FD56%zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net>,
zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net says...

>On 3/29/2005 2:57 AM, MS#1Fanboy-JoJo spake thusly:
>
>> I've tried to connect at work because of the wireless
>> network there and I can connect using the network settings in the regular
PSP
>> menu but when I try to play a game it says it has a connection problem.
>
>I don't think the problem is on your end, as it seems like lots of people
>are having the same problem. I was just trying this at home this morning,
>and I kept on getting connection problems if I spent more than a few seconds
>in a game lobby (I was sitting six feet from my wireless router so it wasn't
>signal issues). Ditto if I created a game and people started to join the
>lobby. But if I joined the lobby of a game in progress and immediately
>jumped into the game, it was fine. I actually had a couple of really wicked
>games against three other players.
>
>I don't know what the problem is, but I hope someone comes up with a fix.
>Aside from the fact you can't chat with other players without stopping and
>using the PSP's gimpy excuse for a keyboard interface, multiplayer is a
>blast.

>> would love to be able to buy something cheap to allow for wireless
connection
>> without having to buy a wireless router and also the adapter cards for my
pc
>> and any other devices I have. Any ideas?
>
>If you have a wired router you should be able to buy a wireless bridge for
>it, they must be fairy cheap now. Basically it just plugs into a free port
>on your router and gives you a wireless access point. Even if you decide to
>get a wireless router you shouldn't need any cards for your PC -- just plug
>your PC into the router directly with a cable.
>
>-Z-

I ended up picking up a Linksys wireless router today. I didn't realize the
wireless ones had direct cable connections too. They have come way down in
price since I last priced them. I've already played several games of Twisted
Metal which played very smooth with no noticeable lag. What other games
support full online play?