Anybody play Twisted Metal for the PSP online yet?

Using the infrastructure mode? I only have a wired network in my house so I
have yet to try it. I've tried to connect at work because of the wireless
network there and I can connect using the network settings in the regular PSP
menu but when I try to play a game it says it has a connection problem. I
suspect its because the company blocks any game playing on the network.
Wondering what I need to get at home to allow for connection to internet. I
would love to be able to buy something cheap to allow for wireless connection
without having to buy a wireless router and also the adapter cards for my pc
and any other devices I have. Any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about anybody play twisted metal online

    On 3/29/2005 2:57 AM, MS#1Fanboy-JoJo spake thusly:

    > I've tried to connect at work because of the wireless
    > network there and I can connect using the network settings in the regular PSP
    > menu but when I try to play a game it says it has a connection problem.

    I don't think the problem is on your end, as it seems like lots of people
    are having the same problem. I was just trying this at home this morning,
    and I kept on getting connection problems if I spent more than a few seconds
    in a game lobby (I was sitting six feet from my wireless router so it wasn't
    signal issues). Ditto if I created a game and people started to join the
    lobby. But if I joined the lobby of a game in progress and immediately
    jumped into the game, it was fine. I actually had a couple of really wicked
    games against three other players.

    I don't know what the problem is, but I hope someone comes up with a fix.
    Aside from the fact you can't chat with other players without stopping and
    using the PSP's gimpy excuse for a keyboard interface, multiplayer is a
    blast.

    > would love to be able to buy something cheap to allow for wireless connection
    > without having to buy a wireless router and also the adapter cards for my pc
    > and any other devices I have. Any ideas?

    If you have a wired router you should be able to buy a wireless bridge for
    it, they must be fairy cheap now. Basically it just plugs into a free port
    on your router and gives you a wireless access point. Even if you decide to
    get a wireless router you shouldn't need any cards for your PC -- just plug
    your PC into the router directly with a cable.

    -Z-

    "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Using the infrastructure mode? I only have a wired network in my house so
    > have yet to try it. I've tried to connect at work because of the wireless
    > network there and I can connect using the network settings in the regular
    > PSP
    > menu but when I try to play a game it says it has a connection problem. I
    > suspect its because the company blocks any game playing on the network.
    > Wondering what I need to get at home to allow for connection to internet.
    > would love to be able to buy something cheap to allow for wireless
    > connection
    > without having to buy a wireless router and also the adapter cards for my
    > pc
    > and any other devices I have. Any ideas?

    You can buy a wireless access point which plugs into your router. Check out
    online some computer stores and see what they have.
    Check the wireless faq here...
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/file/psp_wireless.txt

    In article <BE6EE0E6.FD56%zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net>,
    zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net says...

    >On 3/29/2005 2:57 AM, MS#1Fanboy-JoJo spake thusly:
    >
    >> I've tried to connect at work because of the wireless
    >> network there and I can connect using the network settings in the regular
    PSP
    >> menu but when I try to play a game it says it has a connection problem.
    >
    >I don't think the problem is on your end, as it seems like lots of people
    >are having the same problem. I was just trying this at home this morning,
    >and I kept on getting connection problems if I spent more than a few seconds
    >in a game lobby (I was sitting six feet from my wireless router so it wasn't
    >signal issues). Ditto if I created a game and people started to join the
    >lobby. But if I joined the lobby of a game in progress and immediately
    >jumped into the game, it was fine. I actually had a couple of really wicked
    >games against three other players.
    >
    >I don't know what the problem is, but I hope someone comes up with a fix.
    >Aside from the fact you can't chat with other players without stopping and
    >using the PSP's gimpy excuse for a keyboard interface, multiplayer is a
    >blast.

    >> would love to be able to buy something cheap to allow for wireless
    connection
    >> without having to buy a wireless router and also the adapter cards for my
    pc
    >> and any other devices I have. Any ideas?
    >
    >If you have a wired router you should be able to buy a wireless bridge for
    >it, they must be fairy cheap now. Basically it just plugs into a free port
    >on your router and gives you a wireless access point. Even if you decide to
    >get a wireless router you shouldn't need any cards for your PC -- just plug
    >your PC into the router directly with a cable.
    >
    >-Z-

    I ended up picking up a Linksys wireless router today. I didn't realize the
    wireless ones had direct cable connections too. They have come way down in
    price since I last priced them. I've already played several games of Twisted
    Metal which played very smooth with no noticeable lag. What other games
    support full online play?

Console Gaming PlayStation Connection Video Games