New motherboard problem

diodim

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
hello guys,
i recently bought an asrock q41m-gs3 motherboard socket 775 for my intel core 2 quad.. i also bought and a corsair 4 gb ram.. with installing new motherboard pc wont start up.it start up and after 2 seconds then shutdown .nothing appears on screen no beep sounds which normally i hear a beep..what can cause that..my cousin bought the same motherboard and same problem.. power supply is fine. cpu fine all looks fine..thanks for your help..
intel core 2 quad 2.33 ghz
corsair ddr3 4gb 1333mhz
ati radeon 5770 hd
western digital 1 tb

diodim

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
yes all cables are connected its not the first time doing that..i have tried everything pc wont start

hello... try using the onboard video first... remove/un-plug your 5770 hd... and plug your monitor into the motherboard rear panel VGA port... and use 1 stick of your ram ( if ya have 2 )... make sure all fans start turning at power up... make sure your CPU fan is plugged into the motherboard CPU connector...

diodim

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
i removed my ati video card and tried onboard but nothing still happens.pc starts blank screen turn of after 5 seconds then start again and shut down in 1 seconds then start up again and close after 5 seconds.all fans are working cpu fan ok psu fan ok all ok but pc wont start.

hello... do you know how or ever boot / install motherboard BIO's? do a search on the subject for your motherboad chipset... and give it a try... download your motherboard bios for your usb stick install.

unless you can change any other parts out? cause you have tried everything...do a RMA for your motherboard...

empty213

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Is your HDD new/fresh? or does it contain the previous OS of your previous system (motherboard and all else). It might be because your HDD contains the previous OS, I tried to use my SSD to boot my Intel Core 2 Quad system and the system didn't boot at all. The SSD was used in my AMD system though..
What's the model and manufacturer of your PSU? How did you test that your PSU was fine and wasn't the one causing the problem?
Also an idea but not really sure though, AsRock website states:
- Dual Channel DDR3 memory technology
- 2 x DDR3 DIMM slots
- Supports DDR3 1333(OC)/1066/800 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Max. capacity of system memory: 8GB*
Maybe you need to OC your system, dunno which one though to make a 1333Mhz RAM work.