directoverkill

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Some time has past since I decided not only build, but also display computer for all doubters, non believers (in power and beauty of water cooling) and people who are generally interested in hardware.

As a log must have a title I named mine after a dragon in Philippine mythology that is often represented as a gigantic sea serpent. It is believed to be the cause of eclipses.
It appears as a giant sea serpent with a mouth the size of a lake, a red tongue, whiskers, gills, small wires at its sides, and two sets of wings, one is large and ash-gray while the other is small and is found further down its body [source: Wiki].
original_293667_ERSuq91WQNeqyTSRHKlBP6BuO.jpg

Cooling equipment:
CPU blocks: EK-Supreme HF - Full Nickel
GPU block: EK-FC6990 Nickel with backplate
VRM block: EK-MOSFET ASUS P8P67 - EN (Nickel)
RAM block: EK-RAM Dominator - EN (Nickel)
Reservoir: EK-BAY SPIN Reservoir - Plexi
Pump: EK-DCP 4.0 (12V DC Pump)
Radiator: EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (360) & EK-CoolStream RAD XTC (140)
Fans: Xigmatek XLF-F1256 Blue - 120mm
Fittings: EK-PSC Fitting 10mm - G1/4 E-Nickel & EK-PSC Adapter 45° G1/4 Nickel

more to come soon..

directoverkill

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
I was most confused about the case and the size it was needed to put all the hardware inside. Mouse excluded
Hardware.jpg

then I came across with this one
HAF_AMDa.jpg

HAF_AMD.jpg

dragon alike figure was just something a BIG YES! for me as I did not feel comfortable doing custom design on sides of case.

More to come.....

directoverkill

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
A close up of PSU
10.jpg

11.jpg

Before with pre installed 140 fan by coolermaster
20.jpg

and after with a big XTX radiator :thumbup:
20a.jpg

Positioning of blocks is more or less final
12a.jpg

14.jpg

A GPU block and a sound card are very close. Now I understand why ppl worry when going with SLI. This is not a work for ppl with two left hands.:\
18.jpg

A close up to Voltage Regulator Module water block
19.jpg

HDDs are set. 2 Teras should last me for a while. And man am I glad I bought them before the flooding in Thailand. The prices now are outrageous.
21.jpg

I was first thinking positioning a pump right under HDDs, but that would involve some cutting and a case was already painted
17.jpg

directoverkill

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
While was at it and checked for all the space I thought another radiator would not hurt :D
22.jpg

And I was not wrong!

..after all the hard work a man needs to cool off. Got a freebie from ek along my order. Nice gesture:)
23.jpg

A lovely reflection in backplate of work done so far.
25.jpg

Bring on the tube routing!:cool:
24.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

44.jpg

Continued:
A CPU block had to be reorientated, because tubes are just too close to each other and kinks had to be avoided

40a.jpg

40.jpg

40b.jpg

You can spot a small kinks on this pic, but that little DCP pump is strong enough to push the flow. Tubes feel more sturdy and inflated once you power it up, hence a good pressure.

directoverkill

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Adding a RAM block:
43.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

Installing reservoir:
I decided to go with bay reservoir as front of case looks just plain boring.
Since ppl reported lots of draining problems with Koolance RP402x2 I went with ek here as well. And it has a nice spinner so you can check all the time if a flow exists:)

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

A final look of tube routing is something like this:
48.jpg

49a.jpg

directoverkill

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
I think blue coolant goes well with blue motherboard's aluminum stock sinks.
59b.jpg

59.jpg

58.jpg

55.jpg

54.jpg

53.jpg

50a.jpg

And the final product
52.jpg

At this point I would like to thank to Tiborrr@EKWB for great installation hints and to Eddy for making such a great water cooling stuff. Cheers!
ekwb.jpg