Motherboard & CPU

determinedforce

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Hello, I'm an IT professional, but it has been quite some time since I've BUILT a desktop from scratch. Could anyone suggest a decent motherboard and/or CPU. The cheaper, the better. I plan to buy them separately or as a combo, depending on what feedback I get. I can figure out the rest of the components. I currently have a Dell GX260 tower with a P4 2.4Ghz and 1GB of memory. It only goes up to 2GB and I figure it is better just to get a new system. I multitask a lot and I use it for pretty much everything EXCEPT gaming. I do a lot of video streaming too, Hulu & Netflix. Thanks in advance for any help.

CoryJamaul

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
AMD has the best on die integrated graphics right now, so if you don't want to get an independant Graphics card I would recomend an A10 processor and FM2 mobo. I can get you a specific model if this is the direction you want to go.

Intel has better overall processors right now, but they're lacking on the integrated graphics.

Considering your an IT professional, I figured you would have an idea of what you wanted. If you want me to take time out of my life to help you build your computer, you need to help me out a bit more with what you want, because honestly there are a lot of good options out there for you right now, and it really boils things down when you tell me how much you want to spend.

determinedforce

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

"If you want me to take time out of my life..." WTF?? That's some rude mess. You're not obligated to answer ya know. Thanks for the info that you gave though. Also, it seems that the A10 is one of the more expensive AMD A series.

CoryJamaul

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Forget it then buddy, you still haven't answered my questions. I'm a 19 year old kid, and the fact you would be so bold as to state that you are an IT professional, and then come here and just say "throw me a processor and motherboard" without specificity, says a great deal about your competence. This is a community taking time OUT OF THEIR LIVES to help you, the IT professional. You can go to hell.