Sign in with
Your question

Silent Cooling Solution?

Last response: in Components
February 23, 2012 3:50:38 PM

I've got a budget gaming rig with pretty good specs, and the heating isnt too bad atm, but I'd like to upgrade my fans maybe to some silent solutions instead. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm not sure of the specs on the stock case fans on the Antec 900, but thats what I'm using. I'd like to keep the blue LED's on the fans and also looking for a fan controller for the front of the PC so I dont have to open it up to adjust the switch for fan speeds. It runs well in my room at uni but when I return home the air temp is significantly warmer, so it's going to run hotter and louder.

Does anyone know the specs on the TriCool fans? Am I going to get any improvement with switching fans, and is it going to be any louder than these running on low? The PC is pretty silent atm with all fans on low. I cant find the number anywhere :/ 

EDIT: Can anyone tell me if the Hyper 212 EVO or the Hyper 212+ could run better and quieter than my Cooler Master RR-910-HTX3-G1 130-Watt 92mm Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler?

I've heard alot of good stuff about the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

My rig:
Spoiler

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

nVidia GeForce GTX 550 ti

16GB Komputerbay

Seagate 1TB & Intel 60GB SSD

Lightscribe CD/DVD R/W

Stock Case Fans, Cooler Master RR-910-HTX3-G1 1...

Windows 7 Professional

HP 2711x 27" 1080p 60hz

Saitek Eclipse II

Antec 900

Logitech Performance Laser Mouse

Logitech 2.1 Surround Sound
February 23, 2012 7:46:15 PM

NZXT Sentry Mesh is a solid and nice looking fan controller.

Fans depend on where you live and which size you need. In Europe I'd get some 140mm Prolimatech Blue Vortex Blue Wing and for 120mm BitFenix Spectre Pro. Both are available with blue LEDs, are very quiet, but still high airflow.

Enermax Fans are an Option, too.

CM Hyper is a solid choice. Keep in mind that you can use your own choice of fans to cool the heatsink. For instance the LED fans you're upgrading your case with. Mounting 2 slower fans instead of just one fan would help keeping noise down.
!