Sep 26, 2011
So i have a dell inspiron 530
My computer specs are:

Radeon 2600 xt
Intel Core 2 Quad q6600 2.4ghz
3 GB of Ram
500w Antec Earthwatt
Max Resolution 1680x1050

I'm planning on upgrading for battlefield 3. I don't have the money to buy anything else but the graphic card at this point. I want to get the MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC Video Card but I'm afraid that my computer wont handle it. What do you guys think?

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
as Im2thcrowe said, the Video card is holding you back atm,

after the 560 is in there it should run well,
Overclocking your Q6600 would get more out of the system (they overclock quite well)

The next thing would be Motherboard, CPU & Ram (quite expensive upgrade)

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There's no way even an old quad core processor is going to be much of a 'bottleneck' problem with a 560. Folks are blowing this CPU 'bottleneck' stuff way out of proportion. The system probably has a 800MHZ FSB and DDR2 RAM. That may be an issue, but adding the 560 will be such an improvement, he won't notice it. If the 500W PSU is a quality PSU that actually can produce the power, he'll be fine.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

You won't notice any possible 'bottleneck'. All I'm sayin' is with your quad core and a GTX 560 at 1680x1050, you will be able to game at max or near max settings and get very good frame rates. The game's own recommended (not minimum) specs for BF3 verify that:

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Quad-Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 or ATI RADEON 6950)
Sound Card: DirectX compatible
Keyboard and Mouse
DVD ROM Drive

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Your welcome. If you have even a fairly up to date machine, remember... gaming is all about the graphics card. Enjoy.