Sign in with
Your question

Corsair cx430 replacing HP OEM DPS-300AB-73A - need help with 2 issues

Last response: in Memory
December 29, 2012 11:22:31 PM

I posted earlier today. My Corsair has since arrived in the mail. I need help with two issues:
1. The 24 pin Corsair male connector has a blue wire in pin #14, while pin #14 is empty in the HP counterpart 24 pin connector. Is this a problem? Do I need to detach the blue wire from the connector?
2. The Corsair connector marked "CPU" is 8 pin, while the HP counterpart is 4 pin. I think I read a recommendation the the 4 outer pins be removed from the Corsair connector (Exacto knife?). Is this viable. Because there is a capacitor next to the 4 pin socket on the mbo, just attaching the unmodified Corsair connector is not an option.
Thanks!
a b α HP
a c 241 } Memory
December 29, 2012 11:32:23 PM

1 it should be fine.
2 yes as stated in your manual . "If your motherboard has a 4-pin socket, detach the 4-pin from the 8-pin cable, and then plug this 4-pin cable directly to
your motherboard."
m
l
December 30, 2012 12:00:16 AM

rolli59 said:
1 it should be fine.
2 yes as stated in your manual . "If your motherboard has a 4-pin socket, detach the 4-pin from the 8-pin cable, and then plug this 4-pin cable directly to
your motherboard."

Thanks Rolli59. Oddly, my Corsair didn't come with a user manual...just a "Warranty Guide" and a "Safety Information" pamphlet. However, I just found a user manual pdf online.

One clarification, when you said it should be fine (#1), did you mean fine to attach the unmodified Corsair 24 pin connector, or to detach the blue wire from pin #14 and then plug in the connector?. Thanks again!
m
l
Related resources
a b α HP
a c 241 } Memory
December 30, 2012 12:00:58 AM

Attach as is.
m
l
!