Corsair cx430 replacing HP OEM DPS-300AB-73A - need help with 2 issues

Bmac43

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I posted earlier today. My Corsair has since arrived in the mail. I need help with two issues:
1. The 24 pin Corsair male connector has a blue wire in pin #14, while pin #14 is empty in the HP counterpart 24 pin connector. Is this a problem? Do I need to detach the blue wire from the connector?
2. The Corsair connector marked "CPU" is 8 pin, while the HP counterpart is 4 pin. I think I read a recommendation the the 4 outer pins be removed from the Corsair connector (Exacto knife?). Is this viable. Because there is a capacitor next to the 4 pin socket on the mbo, just attaching the unmodified Corsair connector is not an option.
Thanks!

Bmac43

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

Thanks Rolli59. Oddly, my Corsair didn't come with a user manual...just a "Warranty Guide" and a "Safety Information" pamphlet. However, I just found a user manual pdf online.

One clarification, when you said it should be fine (#1), did you mean fine to attach the unmodified Corsair 24 pin connector, or to detach the blue wire from pin #14 and then plug in the connector?. Thanks again!