Which motherboard drivers to update on new build?

bradenthefirst

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2012
I am building a PC next week when parts arrive. I am now downloading which drivers I will need.

From what I understand the motherboard drivers I should update are: Nic/Lan; USB; Audio; and Chipset.

Except I have been on the motherboard website and I don't know which driver is for the chipset. My first build in along time and any help would be appreciated.

Any other motherboard-related drivers I should look at? Any under the Utility heading?

Thanks,
Bradenthefirst

Motherboard website:
http://www.asrock.com/MB/overview.us.asp?cat=Download&os=All&Model=H77%20Pro4/MVP

My build:
Intel 17-3770k
ASRock H77Pro4/MVP motherboard
2x4GB Gskill memory, 1600
Asus HD 7850-Dc2-2DG5-v2 video card with 2GB
WD caviar blue 1TB
Corsair 200R case
Corsair CX430R PSU
Windows 7 - 64 bit home premium

Solution
Hi. Yes you should at the very least install the LAN, USB, audio, chipset (and video driver from AMD) for Windows 7 64bit. The chipset driver is labeled as "INF driver ver:9.3.0.1019". The one utility I found that might be useful is the XFast USB Utility. Install any additional drivers and/or utilities as you need like the Lucid Virtu MVP driver for example.

johnsonjohnson

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
Hi. Yes you should at the very least install the LAN, USB, audio, chipset (and video driver from AMD) for Windows 7 64bit. The chipset driver is labeled as "INF driver ver:9.3.0.1019". The one utility I found that might be useful is the XFast USB Utility. Install any additional drivers and/or utilities as you need like the Lucid Virtu MVP driver for example.

Solution