Bluetooth Hearing Aid Help

Last response: in Technologies
April 9, 2005 11:07:41 AM

Hi,

Without making this a huge post of details, I'm wondering if anyone
knows a way to have a mobile phone transmit the caller's voice over
bluetooth and still leave the microphone on the mobile phone enabled
for me to speak into?

I know this defeats one of the purposes of Bluetooth headsets, but my
issue is that I have a bluetooth transmitter to send my phone calls
over Bluetooth to my hearing aids, but the microphone on the device is
terrible and I really need to use the mic on the phone instead or
another BT headset for me to speak into.

I'd love to somehow dual pair the phone to two headsets simultaneously,
even one for transmit and the other for receive.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'd be happy to post more
details if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Dane
=======================
Phonak FM enabled hearing aids
Audiovox SMT5600 Smartphone
Scala 500 BT headset
Phonak Smartlink SX BT transmitter

--
dashwort

More about : bluetooth hearing aid

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 3:08:03 PM

Hi

Currently the headset and handsfree profile do not support "half way"
of audio transfer to headset.
If audio is transfered to headset speaker than the microphone is
transfered as wel.
You may contact a phone manufacturer and ask him to make some chnages
in his phone to support your request.
headset manufactureres (like us) are unable to fullfil your request.
Good luck.
You may use an echo cnaceller in your BT headset to improve mic quality
(if this is the problem). I suggest to concentrate on improving mic
reception quality, rather to have mic and speaker in different
devices.

Yosi Twina
VP R&D
Cardo Systems.