Is it safe to dothis?

cyansnow

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Well, I don't have a good PSU for my system so I use two 630w Raidmax PSU's (One powerst the GPUs only, it has to be switched on before boot) and the other 630 poweres everything else.
Specs:
SLi EVGA 560 ti
i7 2600k
Asus p8z68 v
Hitatchi 500gb HD
Corsair H80 cooler
Three cougar fans (Cougar vortex fans maybe?)

I haven't had problems I was just wanting to know if this is okay for system health?

Another question I had was if the AX850 (corsair) is any better than the Corsair professional series 850w (The 80 Plus silver is almost as good as the gold and I really don't know if the difference justifies the higher cost)

For a system using two GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics cards in 2-way SLI mode NVIDIA specifies a minimum of a 700 Watt or greater power supply that has a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 52 Amps or greater and that has at least four 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important.

I would choose the Corsair Professional Series HX750W (CMPSU-750HX) over the Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) because of better electrical performance.