antec h20 920 cooling unit
intel 60gb ssd raid 0
corsair 60g ssd raid 0
corsair black caviar 2tb 7200rpm hdd
2x corsair 140mm fans
2x corsair case fans
2x EVGA 680 super clocked SLI
Asus z77 sabertooth motherboard

Now my question is about fans. I have 7 fansif you include the ram fans and the water coolers fans (x2). My motherboard only has 6 3 pin connections that I plug my fans in to. Is there a way I can plug in more fans? Maybe like a splitter of some sort? I have 3 more fans I would like to put into my computer case. Also I've been told that molex would be better to power my fans because it can provide more then the motherboard. How true is that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

And yes I did post this in the "all category" section but I just realized it's a motherboard issue and no one was respondng.

More about : motherboard fan pins

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 30, 2012 2:24:34 AM

It is better to have them hooked to the motherboard so that it can monitor fan temp and speeds.

You could also use molex connectors from the power supply (they sell adaptors to convert SATA to use molex) but they don't provide any type of monitoring.

You could also buy a fan controller and hook up the additional fans to that and that will monitor the temp and speed of the fans for you also.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 30, 2012 7:58:52 AM

Yes, like the one that you linked for the NZXT. That's probably your best bet, is a fan controller.

Perhaps someone on here can recommend a good one for you, if anyone else is reading this, please.
m
l
December 30, 2012 2:37:22 PM

Best answer selected by epic_errors.
m
l
!