Sign in with
Your question

Booting and Shutting Down Repeatedly

Last response: in Systems
November 22, 2011 10:48:33 PM

Hey all,

So I just recently build a new system and put it together just a couple of weeks ago. Everything went well with the component installation and software installation as well. I have been playing BF3 at Ultra settings and loving it. However, today I came home and tried to boot it, only to notice that after about 3 seconds of booting (before the monitors even pick up that the system is on) the computer shuts down, waits a few seconds and then immediately tries to boot again. It continues trying to boot over and over until I eventually pull the plug, and even then it continues trying to boot on the battery motherboard power (only gets half a second in though). I have tried pulling out the ram and putting it back in, as well as hitting the start button and quickly removing the Power SW plug for the mobo, just in case the button was getting stuck (has happened to me before). I am kind of at a loss as to what is causing this, I think it must be hardware, but I don't know where to start tracking it down.

My Rig:
Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 3.3 GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP ATX Intel Motherboard
Roswell Xtreme series 850W PSU
EVGA Geforce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1.5 GB DDR5 Graphics Card
OCZ 120 GB SSD
8 GB G SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Western Digital 1 TB HDD
Basic Blue Ray burner/reader
5 things are attached to the comp, via USB (noted just in case it might be PSU issue):
Mouse
Keyboard
Webcam
Microphone
Headset

I haven't been seen any software issues at all, this issue seems to have appeared out of no where.

Thank for the help
November 23, 2011 2:47:30 PM

No Responses. Gonna bump it.
November 23, 2011 5:07:07 PM

I tried unplugging all the USB devices except the mouse and keyboard, leaving nothing connected except two monitors, a mouse and keyboard and unfortunately it is still having its issue. I am really at a loss.
!