Explorer View - Short Cut to Drive

August 17, 2004 7:37:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I put a short cut to a new work drive on my desktop (drive P) and the modied
the short cut work with Ctrl + Alt + P. This works fine except when Explorer
opens it is missing the folder view on the left. I can go into View >
Explorer Bar > Folder to put it back but is there away to make the short cut
open Explorer with the folders already displayed?
August 17, 2004 9:17:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Create a short cut to explorer.exe. Open properties and edit the 'target'
to something similiar to this:

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e, c:\

where c:\ is the target folder. For example, "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e,
c:\windows" will open explorer to the windows folder.

Woody

"M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
>I put a short cut to a new work drive on my desktop (drive P) and the
>modied
> the short cut work with Ctrl + Alt + P. This works fine except when
> Explorer
> opens it is missing the folder view on the left. I can go into View >
> Explorer Bar > Folder to put it back but is there away to make the short
> cut
> open Explorer with the folders already displayed?

Anonymous
August 18, 2004 11:29:06 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Open folders in Windows Explorer mode by default (i.e. with folder pane
enabled):
http://www.winxptutor.com/folderpane.htm

Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP

Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

!