Explorer View - Short Cut to Drive

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I put a short cut to a new work drive on my desktop (drive P) and the modied
the short cut work with Ctrl + Alt + P. This works fine except when Explorer
opens it is missing the folder view on the left. I can go into View >
Explorer Bar > Folder to put it back but is there away to make the short cut
open Explorer with the folders already displayed?
2 answers Last reply
More about explorer view short drive
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Create a short cut to explorer.exe. Open properties and edit the 'target'
    to something similiar to this:

    C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e, c:\

    where c:\ is the target folder. For example, "C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e,
    c:\windows" will open explorer to the windows folder.

    Woody

    "M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
    >I put a short cut to a new work drive on my desktop (drive P) and the
    >modied
    > the short cut work with Ctrl + Alt + P. This works fine except when
    > Explorer
    > opens it is missing the folder view on the left. I can go into View >
    > Explorer Bar > Folder to put it back but is there away to make the short
    > cut
    > open Explorer with the folders already displayed?

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Open folders in Windows Explorer mode by default (i.e. with folder pane
    enabled):
    http://www.winxptutor.com/folderpane.htm

    Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP

    Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Window XP Shell/User
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    "M.Siler" <John.Doe@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
    I put a short cut to a new work drive on my desktop (drive P) and the modied
    the short cut work with Ctrl + Alt + P. This works fine except when Explorer
    opens it is missing the folder view on the left. I can go into View >
    Explorer Bar > Folder to put it back but is there away to make the short cut
    open Explorer with the folders already displayed?

Configuration Microsoft Explorer Windows XP