Sign in with
Your question

Stuck on which new case to get

Last response: in Components
February 24, 2012 12:38:01 AM

Hey all i am looking at getting a new case sometime in the next few months but i'm in a bit of a pickle.

Firstly i utterly adore the Cosmos II. Its a huge case with fantastic cable management, amazing build quality, beautiful looks and excellent cooling. I also love how every intake fan (optional and standard) has a dust filter and how it has doors instead of panels. However the obvious issue is the massive £330 asking price....

I actually had decided on getting the Thor V2 but then found out it is not available in the uk (boooooooo).

The Cosmos S was looking like a great alternative but the cooling wasn't brilliant and the side panel fan is very loud and rattles a lot according to the vast majority of users.

I have looked at the NZXT phantom and as nice as it is the fact that you need to DIY retro fit a 220/230mm fan to the side in order to get good/great air cooling with a large cpu cooler is quite a put off.

Stormtrooper is another good case but my room can get quite dusty so the utter lack of filters is annoying and the cooling is only ok for the GPU.

Basically i am really set on the cosmos II but hoping someone can point out alternatives or give me their own views on one of the other cases i mentioned and save me a few hundred quid XD

More about : stuck case

a b ) Power supply
February 24, 2012 12:50:08 AM

Hi :) 

LIAN LI ....

All the best Brett :) 
February 24, 2012 1:09:28 AM

Maybe check out the NZXT 810 Switch. The Storm Trooper has dust filters...I dont understand the lack of filters?
Corsair 800D has tons of room. Lian Li PC-90 preforms pretty well.
Related resources
February 24, 2012 1:21:38 AM

Aha i may have misread the Storm Trooper somewhere then, i thought it had no side filters
February 24, 2012 1:34:38 AM

Not a huge fan of the Lian Li PC90, not great on the looks and it has no side fan

Also Brett which Lian Li? they have quite a few XD though i despise the Lian Li Airboy as i think the design is rather stupid, cases need to protect the internals to some extent. Its 1 step below the Antec Skeleton....
a c 110 ) Power supply
February 24, 2012 4:59:42 AM

Corsair 600T, Corsair 650D. Cooler Master Storm Trooper, Cooler Master HAF-X
a b ) Power supply
February 24, 2012 7:34:47 AM

ft02
a b ) Power supply
February 24, 2012 1:13:45 PM

smeg4brainsuk said:
Not a huge fan of the Lian Li PC90, not great on the looks and it has no side fan

Also Brett which Lian Li? they have quite a few XD though i despise the Lian Li Airboy as i think the design is rather stupid, cases need to protect the internals to some extent. Its 1 step below the Antec Skeleton....

I didnt know lian li made an "airboy" . ;)  how about http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... .. happy hunting
a b ) Power supply
February 25, 2012 3:15:58 AM

lol...." bazinga " !
!